VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Helpers!!
    This is my first thread.. I am in a big tension, have not got a solution ... Please help me. Below is the issue..

I am working on a project in which visitor/registered user will be allowed to view the live recording from the ip camera installed at the workplace. How can I achieve this? I have googled everything but have not got solution yet.
    I have installed red5 media server, how can i push the live video(not recorded) on the server and make it visible to the viewers. Or Is there any other easy/better alternative available.??
    Thanks ...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think that you will find any help here. We use vlc media player to stream stuff....not any media servers.

But I'm moving you to our video streaming section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I don't think that you will find any help here. We use vlc media player to stream stuff....not any media servers.

But I'm moving you to our video streaming section.
    Well thanks for the reply.. It would be helpful if you can tell me.. how can I achieve the same using VLC media Player.?? I am in a urgent need to complete this task.. Please refer any step to step tutorial or any video relate to this.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Let me explain it once again.. I would do it in any way.. all I want is to make the live feed available to the users..
    On my local machine, I tried VLC media player. It displayed the live streaming but how can i make it available the world who registered on my website.
    Help!! Help!! Help!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need to create a new page on site for flowplayer ... this page will be restricted access ... prefer using php to restrict access.

You need to check vlc is streaming stream as flv and port used.

Open port in windows firewall and (assuming) adsl modem/router (outbound / inbound rule)(in = any)

Note: for ANY, try websites ip (generally try not to use ANY unless no other method works)

On site, embedded flowplayer, change the url info for stream to reflect

rtmp://your public ip address : port number/stream name and extension

----

A bit on rtmp and flowplayer
    Quote Quote  
  6. I am very much new to this live video streaming. I am not able to get what I was told to do. My Boss given me the ip address, username and password of the ip camera . This IP camera will not be used for the further streaming process, it is just for testing. The IP camera is also not detected within the network. All I am tried failed. Nothing working out.
    I can play the live streaming on the local machine using VLC by just giving the url in the 'open Network stream option' but when I am using stream Option and set its target path, it displays nothing. Please help me ..
    Also when I am tried using Red5, it was not detecting my IP camera and only publishing the video of the movie trailers. I am feeling frustrated now. Please help me ....
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Lesson learned.....don't lie on your resume.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Lesson learned.....don't lie on your resume.
    I didn't get you.. are you pointing at me saying that i have lied in the resume. No bro. I am a PHP Developer. This is the first time I am trying to do.. That is why I am a little bit irritated now.
    Quote Quote  
  9. If you didn't lie to your boss about your qualifications concerning streaming a video then tell your boss that you are not qualified to do that task and need help from his organization.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    If you didn't lie to your boss about your qualifications concerning streaming a video then tell your boss that you are not qualified to do that task and need help from his organization.
    I am trying to do this task treetops...
    Don't underestimate me...
    Quote Quote