VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    Hello
    I download a LOT of stuff from Youtube. Lately, I have been having a problems downloading videos from Youtube. Especially when it comes to full HD 1080p videos. I usually download from keepvid, with no problems. And for a month now, I have not been able to download ANY 1080p videos.

What gives?

Is there any software or Firefox add-ons out there that works in getting full HD 1080p videos?
    FDM does not work.
    Neither does VideoDownloadHelper.

Special thanks goes out to CristianoA. For helping me download a Youtube video last week.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Deceased
    Search PM
    Youtube has been converting to adaptive streaming, some format called dash (or something like that).

But it seems that they have made even more changes specific to 480p or higher streams. The video and audio are now separate streams rather than a single muxed file (this makes adaptive quality shifts in the video less noticeable, because the audio continues without pause).

A free solution (for youtube only) for windows is MassTube (http://mtupdates.altervista.org/download/MT_Install.exe).

It can be slower going to download using this new method, and the file parts are muxed together at the end.

MassTube seems to update very often in response to frequent youtube changes.
    Last edited by blimey; 28th Apr 2014 at 12:53.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @blimey Thanks for your great explanation!, but your download link does not work. I had to download the program from here: http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php?p=234661&t=0&i=2

MassTube works great with 1080p. Thanks for the trick!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    More download links http://www.masstube.cl/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Deceased
    Search PM
    Sorry about the link. The reason that I provided the update link rather than the homepage link is that all the links from the homepage are for a version of the installer than has a wrapper that gives paid suggestions to get other software.

While the update link has the bare installer for the program without the wrapper and the "offers".

The update link actually does work, it just doesn't support hot-linking (which I didn't know at the time). You'd have to copy and paste the link into a new browser window. I suppose if you want to support the software, you might use the wrapper version anyway - as that is how the program is monetized.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I added a mirror also: MassTube. Use the direct link.

edit: Updated that it's ADWARE. But our download is not any adware.
    Quote Quote  
  7. MassTube works very well, thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Also, is worth mentioning that the same author of MassTube have other awesome tool to download videos and the entire video album in MP4 HD from Facebook accounts/timelines!

I found it here (MassFaces): http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Download-Managers/MassFaces.shtml

Big thanks to blimey to discover and share MassTube!!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i download the software but the problem is that i download only one video in 1080p successfully but after that i download many video and at the end it say error occurswhats the problem in this software ?
    any other way to download 1080p videos?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    download chrispc free video tube downloader ver.5.80 the free version only downloads 2 videos at once in 1080 from youtube, but it does queue the rest. open program first select 1080 mp4 , go to youtube , find video, right click to copy link, minimise youtube, and video will load into chrispc, then click download. installed it last week works like a dream, easy to use.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    Thanks for the above suggestions. The programs definitely work in DL'ing 1080p videos.

Also, wanted to point out that Youtube has found a way to prevent the downloading of ordinary 480p FLV vids. I use keepvid and find that it doesn't work for a lot of the 480p FLVs to the point where I stopped clicking on the FLVs now.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At the moment chrispc finds the 1080p video, but does not find the file size, and so wont download.I have setup mass tube, which works well, only 1 file at a time though.once a file is downloading, i delete the search link and replace it with the next one to speed up the process.I only download 720 and 1080 mp4, as i like the best quality that is available.If you have an android phone, tubemate is the software to use, its free , and does the 1080p videos, which you then can transfer to your computer, to make space again on the phone.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    internet download manager 6.18 bulid 11 downloading 1080p videos from youtube .
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by adilrehman5 View Post
    internet download manager 6.18 bulid 11 downloading 1080p videos from youtube .
    +2

it shows all video options.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nah, its not the end of 1080p downloading. Some smart guy made a tool that downloads the audio and video and then muxes them together: creating an equilvalent of how YouTube plays 1080p videos. The tool is free and doesn't install annoying toolbars like others. It's called Quick YouTube Downloader: They even have a video trailer on their website.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    So many youtube downloaders....doesn't latest masstube work with 1080p?

I'm tired of adding new youtube downloader to our tools list. .
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    So many youtube downloaders....doesn't latest masstube work with 1080p?

I'm tired of adding new youtube downloader to our tools list. .
    I don't know about MassTube, but the latest Freemake Video Downloader has added option to at least 1080p. Not sure about 4K.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I added Quick Youtube Downloader as a mirror to software list. It looked pretty good and no installation adware.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Hello Guys,
    I tried downloading 1080p from 4k downlaoder and downlaoded same 720p vid, and i noticed 124kbps audio bitrate for 1080 and 192 for 720!?
    When using various audio(mp3) extractors ( for ex. youtube to mp3 website) all i saw everywhere was 128kbps bitrate audio.
    However, when i download 720p, it exceeds and gives 192kbps but it doesnt give the same 192 for 1080 but gives 126kbps!! Damn.

What i think that they keep 1080p vid seperately and when needed gets it merged with 128kbps audio

So guys, i wanna know if in ANY WAY i can download my vids @ 1080p and 192 kbps bitrate audio

plz helppp
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hi Shubham Nayak ,

When you run an YT link , there are able 5 or 6 streams .
    You haven't the choice melting Vid and Aud .

Regards .
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by Shubham Nayak View Post
    Hello Guys,
    I tried downloading 1080p from 4k downlaoder and downlaoded same 720p vid, and i noticed 124kbps audio bitrate for 1080 and 192 for 720!?
    When using various audio(mp3) extractors ( for ex. youtube to mp3 website) all i saw everywhere was 128kbps bitrate audio.
    However, when i download 720p, it exceeds and gives 192kbps but it doesnt give the same 192 for 1080 but gives 126kbps!! Damn.

What i think that they keep 1080p vid seperately and when needed gets it merged with 128kbps audio

So guys, i wanna know if in ANY WAY i can download my vids @ 1080p and 192 kbps bitrate audio

plz helppp
    Have you tried chrispc free videotube downloader ? I use it and can download 1080p videos with 256 kbps audio. If a video doesn't load first time, just readd it.
    Quote Quote