VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If I have a series of avi files comprising a serial episode group what is the best way for a noob to make one file of them?

Also it may be necessary to trim the cliff hanger openings and endings to provide continuity vs the boredom of watching repeated segments.

Then should they be joined before or after a size reduction routine in Auto Gordian Knot? Does AGK have any smoothing techniques built in? Or does mainline GK have such features?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried avidemux or virtualdub? You can join/append, cut and also shrink.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes I have Virtual Dub Mod on here. hello_hello showed how to cut a large file into two smaller ones and the technique worked well for me. Very simple but I still work very slowly

How would simple joining work without editing intro , outros etc?

Say there is vid 1 avi, vid 2 avi, and vid 3 avi. What are the steps in adding them together in (I think) my version is Virtual Dub Mod last issue rev 2459 or whatever the extension is.

If there is a guide with screen shots please advise.

For one of these Flash Gordon-type serials, what filters can be applied for sound and video
    to smooth or possibly sharpen? They are all short segments so if I experiment on one I'll know how to do the rest.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Something like

File->Open video file
    File->Append segment
    File->Append segment
    Set the start and stop markers for the part you want to delete. Press delete. Repeat.
    Video->Direct Stream Copy
    File->Save as

Or if you want to compress
    Video->Full processing mode
    Video->Compression and choose Divx or Xvid and set the bitrate,etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Isn't full processing a huge disk hog?

These 15 parts of the serial are all individually encoded avi files 1-15.

I simply need to know how to join them.

From the above I would want to append vid 1 avi to vid 2 avi then save. Then open that and append video 3?

(USW-- USW und so vieter) through 15.

I do not understand where the deleting comes in.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can keep appending all. And last save.

If they are named like video1.avi, video2.avi I think virtualdub can auto append them all.

Full processing mode is only if you want to shrink.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I should have it now. Thanks for the clear instructions. I'll report any difficulties if they appear.
    Quote Quote