VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    WinDV can split DV files based on time stamp when capturing.

I want to capture the tape to a single file, and then do exactly that splitting-based-on-time-stamp later. Is there any software that can do this? Must be lossless (video, audio, metadata, everything). Must be frame-accurate. Must let you specify a sensible filename format for the output.

It would be an advantage if it let you preview the splitting before it did it, and even better if it then let you remove certain split points before carrying out the splitting.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I wouldn't be surprised if enosoft DV processor can do it. Avid Media Composer does for sure -- but that's not always practical.
    Quote Quote  
  3. try this one: http://scenalyzer.de/scenalyzer.zip

There was Scenalyzer Live that captured by scenes and scenalyzer that was splitting scenes already captured DV avi, it was a bit confusing, because same name, but try it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you _Al_, that's perfect.

I think it's more robust against timecode glitches than WinDV is. With WinDV, on damaged tapes, I get single frames split out in the middle of scenes with random dates (1980, 2027, etc!) which is what has forced me to capture full tapes in the first place. I think scenallyzer is keeping these errant frames within the scene and avoiding unwanted splits.

Cheers,
    David.
    Quote Quote