VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!
    Maybe I should have posted this topic under "Capture" section but I felt I am more newbie in capturing.

What I need is to capture my laptop screen (monitor 1920x1200) without any software installed to laptop and minimal detection of changes in hardware. The images of monitor screen should be delivered to the second computer.

Why so? My laptop is highly secured and is running software that detects and bans all foreign processes that are unknown/unwanted. So I need to grab screen to get needed information and analyze that with second computer.

Recommended frequency is 5 screenshots per second but I can manage with 2 per second. Captured image should be 1:1 what I see on main monitor. Ok, I can manage when some pixels are lost but that makes me spend more in writing software that handles that.

Probably I need to have a frame grabber like Epiphan? Second case I have heard also about option splitting monitor cable so that splitter returns to laptop only the main monitor information and second branch goes to second computer. With this option I probably need a software that records input like that.

Maybe I am totally on the wrong way but if anyone knows about this topic, please correct/supplement me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rothe View Post
    Why so? My laptop is highly secured and is running software that detects and bans all foreign processes that are unknown/unwanted.
    If this is your laptop, why can't you whitelist a screen capture program?

Most HD capture cards top out at 1920x1080, but there should be a few as alternatives to the frame grabber options.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for answering!

"My laptop"==I use the laptop. But I cannot install anything and I do not want to copy any executable that makes screenshots.

Can you describe those other options or give some keywords? I have ran out of words searching in google
    Quote Quote