VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM

Ihave walmart “ACAR” laptop with windows 7 home addition operating system.

Iam trying to get my OLD pinnacle 10 to work on this system. Using the compatibility option is not lettingthe sound playback to work in Pinnacle 10. I thought I could use the XP virtual mode, but this does not work withwindows 7 home edition.

Soare there any ideas how to get pinnacle 10 to work. Tried using VSDC, but the free version willnot allow sound to come in. Movie makerwill allow sound.

Surewould like the Pinnacle 10 to work because I do not have a lot of money rightnow to buy software. I use to writecode years back so I have some experience with computers. I do not have experience with creating a virtualpartition to allow old programs to work.

Doesanyone have any suggestion on creating a virtual computer on my windows 7 home editionoperating system?

Thank You for your assistance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What you've figured out so far is likely all you are going to get. Version 10 was released for Windows XP and doesn't support Vista or anything newer. Even for XP, there were numerous bugs and performance issues (and likely numerous patches, but I didn't check). I can understand audio not working as Windows changed how audio is processed in Windows 7.

Upgrading Win7 to get XP virtual mode may work, but it's no guarantee. Your money is better spent getting a newer version of Pinnacle Studio (which is currently at version 17).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the help. I figured this out. New hardware has to have new software and it goes on and on never ends untill you say I have had enough and live in a cave.
    Quote Quote