VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Manufacturers of the Optical discs (CD/DVD) has some test of strength, durability and longevity before reaching the final consumer? how is this test? I have Philips DVD+R 16x media manufactured by CMC Magnetics
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    You just wont go away, will you?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    FOR F#*KS SAKE!!!!!!!!!
    WHO CARES ?!?!?!

Don't leave them laying around to get stepped on or in the road to get run over by trucks or leave them in your back pocket when you sit down!!!!!!
    You are seriously nothing more than a troll!!!!!!!

No one in their right mind would obsesse over such stupid common sense things like you!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gonca, just the other day, I was lamenting the prospects that you and I might never have a chance to exchange nudge-nudge "know what I mean's" again... I have such little faith!

Seriously, I saw an incredible article by TDK with Philips, discussing longevity tests, and how they used pulsing lights and even dipping in seawater for 7 whole days for testing purposes. They spent a lot of time on 'seal' - on the bonding and air-tightness of their bonding processes and chemicals.

The bond and air-tightness seemed to be very important because of the number of tests they used to address that issue. I suppose fungal nature of our atmosphere - "In air, everyone can hear you sneeze" - deserves that treatment. I get the feeling that fungal attacks are probably mounting, as I type. Probably spreading first in those high-humidity areas near the planet's equator. Of course, it has to be in someone's house first, someone that has electricity running, with CRTs or LED monitors helping to light the way... probably with additional internet-connectivity charges streaming thru the air, too. Leading the fungus STRAIGHT for them! Boy.

And I can't even remember the name of the testing service.

Life is tough all over.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Seriously, I saw an incredible article by TDK with Philips, discussing longevity tests, and how they used pulsing lights and even dipping in seawater
    But if he keeps his discs submerged in salty sea water he should have no problems with fungus, or he could have a salty salad if that fails.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Please answer my questions and stop making fun of me

is important to me
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by gamemaniaco View Post
    Please answer my questions and stop making fun of me

is important to me
    Kinda important to us too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    please answer my questions and stop making fun of me

is important to me
    f<ck off a§§hole.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    please answer my questions and stop making fun of me

is important to me
    f<ck off a§§hole.
    Well said!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Gamey, we cannot believe you are serious. So we make jokes.

We do not believe a smart person would consider these issues to be important. All of these topics sound DUMB.

All of your topics have a possibility of truth, but so does "getting struck by lightning". So does "the Moon crashing into Earth".

We view your writings as a game. You have not convinced us that you are discussing smart topics.

You could google "optical disk longevity tests" and have all of the answers, yet you never do that. So we believe you are playing some game.

So we make jokes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OP does not believe what he reads on the internet so he asks on here

'tis time for a new verse:

When you wish upon a star
    Carry moonbeams in a jar
    Test your disks for PIE and jitter
    Don't ask us just read on twitter.
    Quote Quote