VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I didn't change any settings. I hooked up my new monitor (23" widescreen from a ~18" standard) and went to capture from my xbox and I get lag every 20 seconds (20 seconds starting when I first see the fps drop). Interesting thing is that I don't get lag if I switch the xbox resolution to 1080i. Anyone understand the problem? Thanks for any help you can give!
    Quote Quote  
  2. There isn't nearly enough info here for us to take a stab at it. The capture device being used, for one thing.

I think you changed at least one setting without knowing it; you say you went from a 4:3 monitor to a widescreen one so that implies you're using a different desktop display resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    There isn't nearly enough info here for us to take a stab at it. The capture device being used, for one thing.

I think you changed at least one setting without knowing it; you say you went from a 4:3 monitor to a widescreen one so that implies you're using a different desktop display resolution.

I have the xbox hooked up with a AVerMedia AVerTV HD DVR C027 PCI-Express. It did come with software but it applies shitty filters which seem to cause a small delay as well as make the image less sharp. virtual dub fixes this problem.

Also my CPU is a Intel i5 @ 3.4 GHz. I have 8 GB of RAM. Video card is a AMD Radeon HD 6800 w/ 1GB of VRAM.
    64 bit windows 7.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Things to try: lowering your desktop display resolution, Preview mode instead of Overlay mode in VirtualDub (or vice versa).

Is this all US equipment?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    Things to try: lowering your desktop display resolution, Preview mode instead of Overlay mode in VirtualDub (or vice versa).

Is this all US equipment?
    lowering resolution didn't work. it was already in preview mode. overlay mode wont even work so preview is all I can use. and it's all US stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is a trick to make Overlay mode work, but it's easier to just use this little app I wrote to do the work for you: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1196020/avertv-hd-dvr-new-pcie-hd-capture-card/390#post_21089371
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    There is a trick to make Overlay mode work, but it's easier to just use this little app I wrote to do the work for you: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1196020/avertv-hd-dvr-new-pcie-hd-capture-card/390#post_21089371

Awesome! The site is down though. could you rehost it? thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. It's working for me, but here ya go.
    Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    It's working for me, but here ya go.
    Thanks, but the program options seem to be greyed out. And I was reading the thread and I saw someone else had the problem and I read the suggestion so I adjusted my capture pin and whatever to match the source and that made overlay work... but without your program's help. There is still lag though. It goes to ~25 fps every 10 seconds or so. I'm guessing your program would fix it? hopefully I can get it working
    Quote Quote