VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a question for you that I am not sure if anyone can answer or not. I don't know if I can explain it clearly enough. We have two screens in our gym with projectors that we would like to utilize. I was wondering if you knew of any programs that a person could use on a laptop to show players fouls, points etc. Maybe it is easier than I think of what I can use to do this with but I thought the guru that you are you might have a suggestion. Does this make sense. Sometimes people like to see these types of things instead of just hearing them. We also want to show intros to games which I think I know what to do such as have video done before hand and just play it on our laptop and do different things like this as we go along during the game. My biggest problem is coming up with ideas on how to utilize something to bring a wow factor to the game and let the audience enjoy the breaks that go on during time outs and such. Any suggestions or places to go to look for this would be appreciated. I have Googled but don't really know what to put so I am not finding any leads. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More information is needed. I will start by asking what projectors do you have? A manufacturer and model number would let me and other members search for information. What laptop and operating system will you be using. We need to know the amount of money you want to spend on this project.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use a "media player", like Seagate or WD. Put the files on an SD card or USB stick.

Or maybe Google ChromeCast can play the files from your tablet via Bluetooth.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Projector will be a Optoma EH501. As for the laptop, I have several to use. A several year old Dell XPS with W7, and an HP with the same. As for money, from cheap to whatever it would cost to make it happen if we need to.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Why not just use the laptop and feed the video through your HDMI out to the projector? That projector accepts videos through a HDMI cable but is restricted to 720p or 1080i. Either should be just fine for projecting to a large screen.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That is what I was hoping to do but I need some software to make it work the way I want it to work.
    Quote Quote  
  7. You have Win 7 Pro so the software should be there. If you have to edit your videos then you can try Movie Maker for starters. It's limited but it will get the job done for simple stuff. You may have to download that free program. Here is the link on "how to connect to a projector in win 7"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Connect-to-a-projector
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, I have editing software. I have Vegas Pro 12 on on computer and Studio Platinum 12 on others.
    Quote Quote  
  9. So what's the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Editing will help me get the videos up but being able to manage it where when the video is done that they don't see the laptop screen and little things like that is one of the problems. The other thing is being able to put up live stats in real time with something a little better than just word or whatever.
    Quote Quote