VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I have a requirement for which i have been searching a video tool.

basically i need a audio video content, wherein video should start at the 1st second of playback
    and audio should start from 10th second.

Condition: I require audio track to be starting from 10th second itself, i am not expecting audio track starting along with video on 1st second and maintaining silence till 10th second.

Note:
    I know that using "-itsoffset" this could be done over ffmpeg.
    But i am unable to validate the content whether it is really delayed in silence or did the audio track start from 10th second as i wanted.

Any suggestions please?
    Any other tool apart from ffmpeg also could help, then kindly lemme know.

Thanks in advance
    Nitin
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by nitinsagar22 View Post
    Hi all,

I have a requirement for which i have been searching a video tool.

basically i need a audio video content, wherein video should start at the 1st second of playback
    and audio should start from 10th second.

Condition: I require audio track to be starting from 10th second itself, i am not expecting audio track starting along with video on 1st second and maintaining silence till 10th second.

Note:
    I know that using "-itsoffset" this could be done over ffmpeg.
    But i am unable to validate the content whether it is really delayed in silence or did the audio track start from 10th second as i wanted.

Any suggestions please?
    Any other tool apart from ffmpeg also could help, then kindly lemme know.

Thanks in advance
    Nitin
    AviDemux.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you " hech54 "

i was able to generate the content by giving 10000 ms as input for audio delay option on AVIDEMUX.
    But how do i validate the audio track started from 10th sec onwards apart from playing the clip.

I mean just to ensure that its not silence during this initial 10 seconds.

Is there a parser which could show this easily.
    please give detailed steps to how to check this one, i am new to checking file properties on respective parsers.

Thanks
    Nitin
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by nitinsagar22 View Post
    But how do i validate the audio track started from 10th sec onwards apart from playing the clip.
    AviDemux is doing what you told it. But if you don't believe, demux the audio and see if there's 10 seconds of silence at the beginning.
    Quote Quote  
  5. MediaInfo should display a value for "delay relative to video" (in the Audio section) if there's an audio delay. If there's not, it won't display the "delay relative to video" field at all.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi,

I was not looking for silence during the initial 10 seconds as i asked for on the initial thread.
    I was looking for the track itself to start from 10th second.

Also, Mediainfo has been checked. when using the offset command over ffmpeg it showed 80 ms delay corresponding to Video.
    And the output from AVIDEMUX does not show that field at all.

Regards
    Nitin
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by nitinsagar22 View Post
    I was not looking for silence during the initial 10 seconds as i asked for on the initial thread.
    I told you to demux and check the audio stream for 10 seconds of silence at the beginning to verify THERE IS NONE. That tells you that the mux with audio delay worked.
    Quote Quote  
  8. A quick Google seems to indicate ffmpeg's itsoffset command mightn't work as you're expecting it to. The way I read it, it only applies to the video stream.

http://superuser.com/questions/538031/what-is-difference-between-ss-and-itsoffset-in-ffmpeg

And I'm not sure whether it works as it's supposed to anyway. I rarely use ffmpeg from the command line myself.

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1349

What sort of files are you working with? Remuxing MKVs while specifying an audio delay is nice and easy with MKVMergeGUI. For AVIs VirtualDub(Mod) will do it. I'm not sure how easy it is for MP4 as I don't work with them much, but MP4Box allows you to specify a delay.
    Quote Quote  
  9. FFMPEG could be used to delay both video and audio.

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/346293-Insert-Audio-Delay-With-ffmpeg

Thanks for your inputs, i shall check on mkv contents as well and let know if i need more info.

Regards
    Quote Quote