VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to transfer 640x480 (60p and 30p) video files to Blu Ray using MeGui x264 and DVD Architect. To retain the original fps and progressive scan (Due to the specific requirements for blu ray), I overwrote the AVS text file to upscale the video to 720p. However, this stretches the video. Is there a way to insert the aspect ratio bars in the video without video editing? Or am I overlooking something? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by supagui1 View Post
    Is there a way to insert the aspect ratio bars in the video without video editing?
    Not sure I understand that. To keep the aspect ratio you have to both resize and add pillarbars:

LanczosResize(960,720)
    AddBorders(160,0,160,0)

Use whatever resizer you like. I just gave an example. Blu-Ray also accepts DVD resolution so you could do a straight resize to 720x480 and encode as 4:3:

http://www.videohelp.com/hd
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    AddBorders(160,0,160,0)
    Thanks! I'm using BD instead of DVD because some of the videos are 60fps. Even with the 30fps ones, I tend to get quality loss when encoding DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. For future reference as you mentioned manually altering the resizing in the AVS script....

Are you aware MeGUI will upscale? It's probably still disabled by default, but in the AVS Script Creator configuration there's an option to "allow upsizing" (under the Extra Setup tab). You'll still need to add the borders manually but you can at least use MeGUI's script creator to do the resizing.
    Quote Quote