VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    First I am looking to spend not much more than $20 for speakers.
    I've read quite a few post regarding this issue but have not seen one that seems to answer my question. How and What kind of speakers can be used externally for my 32 inch Vizio TV. I do not have a 3.5 audio jack but I do have a optical cable audio out jack. I do have standard RCA cable audio out ports. The optical cable , while a good idea does not seem to be available in other than a sound bar, which is pricey and to big. All the small speaker sets that are used with PCs need a 3.5 jack. I am looking for speakers that use RCA jacks but they don't seem available either. The only options seem to be some kind of converter, which are bulky . There must be some kind of very simple speakers for my set up but I have not been able to find them. Does anyone have suggestion?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    red/white audio out ports are line level, not speaker level. you need speakers with an amplifier built in or a receiver and speakers.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. Not being to much of an audio buff, I am assuming that just regular pc speakers with power could not be used with the RCA out port. I could used a female splitter with those to plug into the RCa's?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i would think they would work. if they are stereo they should have red/white separate inputs.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I checked out the local pawn shop and bought some cheap bookshelf speakers that had been previously enjoyed, they worked out perfect. I did spring for a new Polk Audio sub-woofer for a $100. All in all, cheap setup that sounds great.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote