VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a dvd and I opened the dvd drive folder on my desktop. These are the files I see in the dvd folder: video1.mp4, video2.mp4, video3.mp4.

I want to copy the dvd to my hard disk.

Can I just right click on the file and copy and then paste it into my hard disk? Or do I need to use a software to copy the dvd?

I am a newbie and this is the first time I am copying a dvd to my hard disk so I can play from my hard disk. I do apologize if my questions sound silly.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's a DATA DVD....just copy and paste.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Does it mean that the dvd cannot be played on dvd player? The dvd contains videos only.

I am using Windows 7 and when I put the dvd into the internal dvd player, it pop up a window showing: "Play using Windows Media Player", "Open folder to view files"

How do you know if a dvd is a data dvd or a normal video dvd?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vstar View Post
    Does it mean that the dvd cannot be played on dvd player? The dvd contains videos only.

I am using Windows 7 and when I put the dvd into the internal dvd player, it pop up a window showing: "Play using Windows Media Player", "Open folder to view files"

How do you know if a dvd is a data dvd or a normal video dvd?

Thanks
    Normal DVDs (like one that you buy, a Hollywood movie) cannot have MP4 files. It must be "authored" to DVD specs. It must contain a VIDEO_TS folder with VOB/MPEG2 files and all of the other associated files that go with DVD Video.
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvd#struct
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just buy a blu-ray player and play the disc.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote