VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I have a very unusual requirement I need advise on:

I have a 2 minute video that I need to loop 100x, and then stop. I don't wish to generate a massive 200 minute encoded file. Rather I would encode only a 2 minute single loop, and somehow set either playlist or chapter flow MP4 metadata to get it to loop exactly (and only) 200x.

However, I really don't know how to do this.

I really would appreciate any help!

Thanks

P.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    mpc-be has the option (o) Play -- [200 ] times(s), under

options\playback

in other words, set it repeat 200 times. but, it only does this on correctly encoded/muxed videos. i am not able to get repeat playback to work correctly on some hevc->mp4 videos. it seems to stop at the end of playback and play an audio file from somewhere else while still showing the last frame. strange. anyway. i took one my very short happauge ts recordings and it repeated x many times i test setted it to, i.e., 5x.

edit: maybe this has something to do with that issue i mentioned. might be a bug.

Code:
    + Added the ability to automatically open external audio files and  subtitles. Blu-ray name - root folder name or disc label (when opening a  disc) - is used for searching;
    Last edited by vhelp; 3rd Nov 2013 at 14:24.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry, I should clarify.

I need the repeat 200x to be part of the mp4 metadata container control. It won't work for me to set a given player to loop it 200x, since I need to distribute it without my having any control over the choice of players that the recipients are using.

So the 200x repeat control needs to be 'inherent' in my file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is no such metadata for MP4 container that specifies what you want to do
    Quote Quote  
  5. According to wikipedia, there is menu support in MP4:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_container_formats

I would have thought then that a 'playlist' of multiple contained videos (or a single video referenced repeatedly) would be possible. Is it not?

What about .mov?

Any other suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    then, the only alternative is to create your own player that does, and distribute that along with your video(s).
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by SanFrancisco234 View Post
    According to wikipedia, there is menu support in MP4:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_container_formats

I would have thought then that a 'playlist' of multiple contained videos (or a single video referenced repeatedly) would be possible. Is it not?

What about .mov?

Any other suggestions?

Yes - In theory, there is "menu" support in many container specifications, but in practice, none of them have it implemented properly.

Even if you did for your file, the software/hardware player would need to have implemented support

e.g here is how to do menus for MP4
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66583

Quicktime might be able to do it , but it would only play on quicktime, other players won't support those other features
    Quote Quote