Until now, I have mostly used VLC Media Player 2.0.4. now suddenly the action stops after the first couple of seconds, though the sound goes on.
So, I tried to use Real Player, which works on really short videos. For longer ones (1 minute++), it asked me to first download QuickTime - which I did; but there seems to be aproblem with that too.
I do prefer the VLC Player. But any help is welcome.
I have a PC with WindowsXP.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: problem playing .mov video
Did you try downloading a newer version of VLC ?
So it used to work ok before?
What have you done to the computer in the last few days? Any installs? Hardware Upgrades ? Driver updates? Software installs ? . ... that sort of thing... ?
Have you tried different files and filetypes ? Are all files having the problem ? Or just these few MOV files ?
Does that happen on ALL .mov's? Or just a particular one?
1) I HAD been able to play those same .mov videos both on VLC and Real Player, till just a few days ago.
2) I "System restored" to a week ago, but that didn't help.
3) .mov videos on a different folder still play normally on VLC
4) I moved the ornery .mov to a different folder: same problem with VLC, but it does play on Real Player, though distorted as though on a concave mirror (everybody is slimmed down)
5) converted the ornery .mov to .avi - but that didn't help either.
6) Why would VLC selectively decide to stop picture movement but continue the sound?
7) I decided to remove my existing QuickTime and install the newest version, but it says: "the feature you are tryin to use is on a network resource that is unavailable": C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP606.TMP\ I checked, and indeed there is no such path. So, how can I get rid of this old Quicktime?
(I had'nt used Real Player for a long time)
Lots of questions ...