VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I discovered that my nle (in sync blade 2.2) has a backdoor that can take video from an external source based on the configuration of the register into position

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Drivers32

for example vidc.mjpg gives a chance to read the files that have vtag " MJPG " from the codec vfw pvmjpg40.dll ( PIC MJPEG )

(http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=27&id=4266&Itemid=81)

but I would like to import files natively . MPG2 ( I attach here an example. avi) without transcoding mjpg. And then I submitted manually an entry vidc.mpg2 = ff_vfw.dll I previously have installed and configured properly in the system ffdshow for reading from mpeg2 and " mpeg to avi " .. However, for mpeg2 files that happens ffdshow charge (strangely ) the codec mpeg1 and playback nle is incorrect . Only when I transcode in mpeg (not avi, but mpeg) ffdshow mpeg2 decoder successfully loads and video are correct.

But many various reasons I am bound to avi file , the type mpeg2

I'm looking some decoders could do frameserve actually using well a suitable mpeg2 decoder

I tried to install the Matrox HD codec ... work well, but every time I have to transcode the source files in "Matrox MPEG2 - HD Iframe" (tag = M701) and this thing I do not like .I can keep the highest quality, extracting the video part from the original .mxf container:

ffmpeg -i c0020.mxf -vcodec copy -an outputAVImpeg2.avi

and yet , as I said, ffdshow "open " wrong outputAVImpeg2.avi with mpeg1 decoder instead of the classic mpeg2.

What we kindly ask you is: are there other codecs (overall decoder) VFW mpeg2 with whom I can do other tests?

In virtualdub I can quietly read my files avi mpeg2 with a specific VD plugin: so can I set virtualdub as frameserver through the log by an association in the registry vidc.mpg2= ?? so that virtualdub is delegated to frameserve my nle?

Thnx!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	REG.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	20610  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Just to clarify one thing, when you setup FFDSHOW to do MPEG2 to AVI you are still doing a conversion from one format to another. Vdubmod is able to read MPEG2 files and frameserve to your NLE, but it will still convert to AVI. On the bright side, it has filters and is able to work in different color spaces so you can match the output to your requirements and just set the CODEC to uncompressed AVI to maintain the best quality.

Check out the guides near the bottom of the Vdubmod tool page.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by nic2k4 View Post
    Just to clarify one thing, when you setup FFDSHOW to do MPEG2 to AVI you are still doing a conversion from one format to another. Vdubmod is able to read MPEG2 files and frameserve to your NLE, but it will still convert to AVI. On the bright side, it has filters and is able to work in different color spaces so you can match the output to your requirements and just set the CODEC to uncompressed AVI to maintain the best quality.

Check out the guides near the bottom of the Vdubmod tool page.
    I understand, my source is an avi container (here in attachment above: esampleAVImpeg2.avi) but what I have to do to framserve blade.exe? In registry i have associated vidc.mpg2 = ff_vfw.dll (it don't work fine, but recall ffdshow), I don't know how to proceed with vdub
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here is an old guide that I found when searching "Virtualdub Frame Server":

https://www.videohelp.com/oldguides/virtualdubframeserve

It should work. I once Frameserved From Wax to Virtualdub to Vegas at the same time a few years ago...........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  5. The output of VirtualDub(mod)'s frame server is always uncompressed audio and video.
    Quote Quote  
  6. so can I frameserve my nle? I remeber blade 2.2 can "aquire" from external via directshow, in the registry: vidc.mpg2= xyz.dll (e.g. ff_v.dll) hoewver can virtualdub frameserver all the .mxf files?
    Quote Quote  
  7. When you frameserve, it's uncompressed (it's no longer MPEG2 compressed) , so you don't need xyz.dll , you don't need directshow

When you frameserve, a "fake" AVI is generated, that looks like an uncompressed AVI to the other application
    Quote Quote  
  8. You might be able to use the ffmpeg source plugin to read your MXF files with VirtualDub. But it my experience it doesn't work with all MXF files. You might be able to frameserve from AviSynth using ffVideoSource(), part of the AviSynth ffmpeg source plugin. Either directly or via VirtualDub. The AviSynth plugin works much better.
    Quote Quote