VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have had the Hauppauge HD PVR for almost 2 years now and up until about 2-3 day ago I have got it to work for my computer. I am A PC gamer and use it (at the current time) only for PC gaming. My current version is updated to the newest driver and software http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hdpvr2.htmlHD PVR 2 Windows driver version 1.4.31143 and hauppaugecapture_1_0_31183_full. But the issue I face now is the software (Hauppauge Capture). It freezes up If I click too fast, and the preview box freezes after a few seconds of showing my screen, it also spikes 2-3 times with-in that period. Along with that, The yellow light freezes up upon recording and does not change until unplugged or software is closed. When ever I record during the time it is frozen, any files saved are "20:45:52" seconds, and 0 MB. When I try to view the recording in the Hauppauge Capture Editor, It tends to freezes for a second upon play, freezes entirely,Doesn't do anything, or flashes the default File picture for a split second(Which is like a piece of film with a music note in front of it) I have not been able to record for any other consoles, due to the fact that I have a family Xbox. One more factor that might be related is the fact that I have an HP Desktop with AMD Graphics. I had to use a DVI to HDMI converter to get it to be compatible. One theory I have Heard is that the supplied USB with the HD PVR 2 is faulty, Other similar issues had to do with overheating and fans-n-stuff. Can some one help me please! DAY TWO, I re-downloaded the original version from the CD, Some time over the course of me updating, my Arcsoft application was deleted. Arcsoft remained the same after I had updated My Hauppauge this time. I tested my HD PVR 2 With the current version of Arcsoft, It worked perfectly. Now I can see that the problem is not with a bad USB, Nor a Dis functional fan, but a crappy issue with the Hauppauge Capture itself. At least it's good to know that the device is working fine. Anyone know how to fix the software, I want to record audio without buying more crap! DAY THREE, Now on this day I have attempted everything I can that might work, but before I stopped Attempting to fix and call it a day, The HD PVR decided to prove to me how retarded it really is. I decided to update APB Reloaded And check out what's new, I pulled up Arcsoft and began to capture. I hadn't actually recorded any game-play, just desktop tests. I hit the capture button and seconds later the game loaded, the oh-so Promising green LED light, JUST, WENT, OUT! The PVR Turned off Almost instantly as the came filled my screen. To my demise, The green light popped back on as soon as I Alt-Tabbed the game. The recording got corrupted, and the preview froze on the frame before the game had started. At first the Hauppauge Capture Application acted as if my computer wasn't able to support it in some way, and now my back up, Arcsoft, Acts as if my frame rate is too much for it.YES, I am using it to record for PC, YES, I understand that it is not solely meant to record PC, AND NO, patches cannot fix everything? FINAL UPDATE After spending all my free time invested into the repair of my hauppauge HD PVR, I called tech support and they assumed( Far quicker than I expected) That my HD PVR 2 was simply defective. I have a feeling that the PVR itself is not totally defective, Because it still gets and sends signals, and varies in problems depending on the recording software. So i'm not sure if send this thing back to the hell spawn portal of technology it came from is the cause of it's impurity. But who am I to argue, I have never actually called tech support before and the guy I talked to didn't sound Spanish....

It's been a few months and I have gotten my Hauppauge back. My problems continue in the same manner, and no one is being useful. I am having the same problems....
    Last edited by mrlolcat1999; 14th Jan 2014 at 18:07. Reason: More problems with my new PVR
    Quote Quote  
  2. Was I also Supposed to have downloaded http://www.hauppauge.com/capture/ , Or Isit the same thing?
    Quote Quote