VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I bought one of these about 4 years ago. It worked pretty good. So, i bought another one. That one would not work with my PC. I then read on a site somewhere that there are knockoffs of these little Easycap devices. Does anyone know how to tell a real one from a knockoff? The original one i bought had some wires come off of the PC board, so i wanna buy a new one. I hope someone can help me find a real one. If not, maybe someone can suggest a decent video capture USB device. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ezcap.tv claims to be the only seller of the genuine capture devices. They have storefronts on Amazon and ebay accessible via links on the ezcap.tv website. Buy anything else called an "Easycap" and there is no way to know in advance what chips will be inside the enclosure
    Some people here at Video Help like the Hauppauge USB Live 2, or the StarTech SVID2USB2 or the ATI TV Wonder HD 600 USB. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VisionTek-ATi-TV-Wonder-HD-600-USB-HDTV-Tuner-DVR-/141084286444

The ATI TV Wonder HD 600 USB has Windows XP drivers and uses Vista drivers for more recent Windows operating systems. There are working Windows 7 drivers available for the other devices mentioned in this post.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Legit or fake, the device is crap either way.
    Get something better. The ATI 600 USB is one of the best cards.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hi. I hope you don't mind me posting this on here, but I recently bought the USB 2.0 VHS/VCR Tapes to Win PC/DVD Video/Audio Converter Capture Card/Adapter with EasyCap disc, then had to buy the1.5m 3 Phono Plug RCA Audio Video AV TV Cable Lead because all points were female. The problem is, I think the installation disk is for Windows 7, and it said that it was compatible with XP , (which I am using on the PC I wanted to edit with)... So, I installed it o nto my ASUS laptop which is Win 7. All ok, until finally I connected the VCR to laptop. The picture is great, but there's an annoying deep buzz over the audio, which I can't get rid of. Any ideas? Or should I buy something else? I am thinking of VCR DVD combi, then ripping to PC and editing on there. I have tons of old VHS home videos that I want to tranfer. My head's nearly exploding with all the arsing about I've been doing over the last two days, trying to sort it. Cheers in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I also have an iMac (2011 model) which I'd love to use instead, but I'm afraid I have no experience with it yet!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @spillage66

As a new member you really ought to aquaint yourself with the forum rules and, especially in this case, the one about hijacking topics. Very bad form.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    My apologies. Should I start a new thread?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by spillage66 View Post
    My apologies. Should I start a new thread?
    That is what the rule says:

Do not hijack topics.
    Please try to stick to the author's first post in each topic, if you want to discuss something else, create a new topic.
    Quote Quote  
  9. you wanna look around here http://easycapexpertti.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26 found it years ago after i bought a fake one still had it bookmarked ended up buying a real one from them but in the long run the ez cap ended up not being that good you might want to get the ones the people above told you to get i beleive they dont make the ATI 600 USB anymore correct me if im wrong never tried the USB LIVE 2 or the Startech SVIDUSB2 i used a ezcap for like 2 months and its terrible seriously i got avermedia like right after that but i would try one of the ones recommended
    Last edited by ConanEdogawa; 21st Oct 2013 at 20:28.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ConanEdogawa View Post
    you wanna look around here http://easycapexpertti.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26 found it years ago after i bought a fake one still had it bookmarked ended up buying a real one from them but in the long run the ez cap ended up not being that good you might want to get the ones the people above told you to get i beleive they dont make the ATI 600 USB anymore correct me if im wrong never tried the USB LIVE 2 or the Startech SVIDUSB2 i used a ezcap for like 2 months and its terrible seriously i got avermedia like right after that but i would try one of the ones recommended
    Yes the ATI TV Wonder HD 600 USB was discontinued in 2009 or 2010. While I prefer to recommend capture devices that are still being manufactured, many of the capture experts on this site continue to recommend the ATI TV Wonder HD 600 USB because it still turns up on ebay fairly often.
    Quote Quote