VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. How do I do the tests jitter and PIE in my DVD media burned to know if it has no write error? in Nero DiscSpeed ​​not have these options and my drive is a Samsung SH-S182F
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    dvdinfo pro or opti drive control.

I know, just put me on the stupid list
    Quote Quote  
  3. 1 these 2 sotwares are free? i wanted free software

2 how should I use these two softwares to see if there are errors jitter and PIE?

3 finding errors jitter and PIE in my DVD medias serve no more, and lose all files and the disc in the future? now I can read and extract files from these discs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @gonca, I was going to suggest the same 2, but held off - for obvious reasons.

@OP, if you must have free, then you better ask for it up front. Want to know how they work? RTFM and then STFU.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    @gonca, I was going to suggest the same 2, but held off - for obvious reasons.

Scott
    Are you referring to putting me on the stupid list
    Quote Quote  
  6. I want to know is:

1 these 2 sotwares are free? i wanted free software

2 how should I use these two softwares to see if there are errors jitter and PIE?

3 finding errors jitter and PIE in my DVD medias serve no more, and lose all files and the disc in the future? now I can read and extract files from these discs?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    @OP, if you must have free, then you better ask for it up front. Want to know how they work? RTFM and then STFU.

Scott
    Well said
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I actually use Nero DiscSpeed.

The OP learned most of his questions from info I've given. I don't mind helping, but:
    (A) Read it. I'm not writing it twice. (example: the fungus topic)
    (B) Wait. Patience. I'm not online daily, and I'm usually busy.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    ...just put me on the stupid list
    Naw... I'm gonna snicker if you wait 5 days and ask if he's gone, though. (I sure hope I don't have a mouthful of juice or coffee then. Oh well - the screen and keyboard probably need cleaning anyway.)

Let's see... who's going to search to see how many forums he's going to use to open THIS topic up to? He could look at some of his frequent haunts and find all these answers - if he would read, compreender, etc, but since he won't or can't...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I went on the 'stupid' list years ago so.

1. Do not eat PIES

2. expecially those that have fungus

3. else you get the jitters
    Quote Quote  
  11. please stop me and troll me answer the questions:

1 after testing my dvd+r medias submit PIE and jitter errors in the future my files will be automatically deleted discs and not be able to read the discs in the future?

2 need a free tool to analyze errors jitter and PIE in medias

lordsmurf please answer my questions because I'm afraid of losing my precious files because they did tests PIE and jitter currently the disks are read and can extract the files even though I have not done the jitter and PIE
    Quote Quote  
  12. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gamemaniaco View Post
    please stop me and troll me answer the questions:
    [LANG=en-US]
    It's too late for attempting to convince us that you are not a troll.
    [/LANG=en-US]

[LANG=pt-BR]
    Agora é tarde, véio, ninguém aqui acredita que você é apenas um burro incurável que mereceria alguma consideração, respeito ou piedade.
    [/LANG=pt-BR]
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 13th Oct 2013 at 20:52.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I plan to test this one at Thanksgiving.

I had one at Spring Creek some weeks back, and it's the best I can remember ever having.
    Downloading PIE would be great. But no Star Trek replicators yet.

Now, as to discs....

I'm busy this week.
    If you want my help on this specific topic, you'll have to wait AT LEAST a week.
    Bumping posts is just going to piss me off, and I'll make you wait that much longer.
    Quote Quote  
  14. I need your help Lordsmurf you're the one guy who helped me and I do not know why wait a week for an answer if I need to clarify that I just wanted to know if these errors and jitter PIE you quoted in Digital faq will make the data are recorded in my DVD + R be deleted automatically and I can not access them in the future because I do not quite understand what are these errors and what causes them

I understand you're busy but it costs nothing to answer my questions I do not want bothering you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why wait a week for an answer
    Because even if I tell you what to use, you still won't know what any of it means. It's not any easy question.

my DVD + R be deleted automatically
    No.

I can not access them in the future
    Maybe. This is any easy question, but takes a mini-noval to answer.

it costs nothing to answer my questions
    It requires time I simply don't have right now. You can either not use DVDs, or just wait.

You were already told to use better discs. You refused, so there's not much else I can do here. Run the scandisc right after burn. If it's fine, that data isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The concern is for longevity (years from now), and that's where the other tests come in. It's not years yet, so you can wait and learn in a few months when I have a massive project finished. I was doing that long before your posts, just FYI.
    Quote Quote  
  16. 1 Thank Lordsmurf and sorry if I left you upset is because you said that the disk had to pass three tests but I just did the verification test surface and the disk does not show any bad sector but you said it was testing jitter and PIE and as I do not know what they are errors and jitter PIE and had not done these two tests thought if the disks have errors and jitter PIE my files burned on DVD + R will be deleted in the future and not be able to read the discs in the future because of these errors , so please enlighten me because I just did the analysis of surface with Nero DiscSpeed ​​and gave no problem

2 in my Nero DiscSpeed ​​not have the option ScanDisc only have the option Scan Disk check surface in my Nero DiscSpeed ​​has not ScanDisc tab but the tab has Analyze Disk and I can not activate the options C1/C2 PIPO test

3 I did not buy the other disks Verbatim , Sony , Taiyo because here I swear they have not already searched and did not find it very hard to find disk extreme quality so bought Philips CMC Magnetics
    Last edited by gamemaniaco; 13th Oct 2013 at 11:54.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For others that are reading, I need to mention that jitter/PIE has effects on the current readability, as it pertains to other drives. The burning drive should be able to read the disc regardless. It's the others where things get murky.

Again, not an easy topic, one that needs lots of information for one to understand it all.

Understand I've been burning discs this since 2001.
    Quote Quote  
  18. 1 I found the flap que analyze disk is translating into English ScanDisc so I did this analysis ScanDisc read all discs and no problem detected 100% good

2 jitter and PIE, PI-PO not are errors that can erase my data disc dvd in future and not damage the disc read in future? My discs are read perfectly and can extract all its contents
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just hope Gamey doesn't hop around to all his other forums, forcing one person to follow him around, repeatedly answering the same questions.

And so far, we still haven't seen any understanding or acknowledgement. I have a feeling I could say FUNGUS and it'd be like "Frau Blucher" to some folks!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yfrank.gif
Views:	1587
Size:	301.9 KB
ID:	20524  

Quote Quote  
  20. I did not ask you (OllieTSB) I asked Lordsmurf he is the single guy who helps me

1 I found the flap to analyze disk is translating into Inglês ScanDisc so I did this analysis ScanDisc read all discs and no problem detected 100% good

2 jitter and PIE, PI-PO errors are que can not erase my data disc dvd in future and not damage the disc read in future? My discs are read perfectly and can extract all its contents
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    NOTHING is going to erase the data on your discs, except YOU, or maybe a very long amount of time. May not be (easily) readable, but it's still there.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  22. but what about the errors jitter, PIE and PIPO they will not erase my data dvds future and I will not be able to use the disks in the future? because they do not know what errors are PIE jitter and PIPO, I just did Nero DiscSpeed ​​ScanDisc in all my burned discs and no found error discs 100% good but not sure I found these errors

I'm not talking about aging or degradation of the hard disk I'm just wondering jitter errors, pie and pipo
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No one will be able to use all disks in the future. All disks die. All people die. Eventually, no disks will ever work. Stone tablets have been useful for thousands of years. Stone tablets have been covered in fungus, too. In tropical areas with high humidity, fungus has been known to grown on electrical cabling, too.

Blucher!

I don't understand why you don't read these answers from many other sources, and many would be in your native language. Surely you can understand that.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    why wait a week for an answer
    Because even if I tell you what to use, you still won't know what any of it means. It's not any easy question.

my DVD + R be deleted automatically
    No.

I can not access them in the future
    Maybe. This is any easy question, but takes a mini-noval to answer.

it costs nothing to answer my questions
    It requires time I simply don't have right now. You can either not use DVDs, or just wait.

You were already told to use better discs. You refused, so there's not much else I can do here. Run the scandisc right after burn. If it's fine, that data isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The concern is for longevity (years from now), and that's where the other tests come in. It's not years yet, so you can wait and learn in a few months when I have a massive project finished. I was doing that long before your posts, just FYI.
    Lordsmurf I still do not quite understand , I auditioned Nero DiscSpeed ​​ScanDisc and no error found but I did the tests jitter , PIE and PIPO and wanted to know if the jitter errors , PIE and PIPO will delete my files burned on DVD future and I can not read the disc in the future because of these errors

I am not referring to the degradation or aging of the disc I'm referring only to jitter errors , PIE , PIPO C1 C2
    Last edited by gamemaniaco; 13th Oct 2013 at 21:31.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Clearly, you do NOT understand how optical digital disc technology works. But I do.

All media degrades! ALL.

ANALOG media degrades gradually.
    Excellent->Great->Good->Fair->Poor->Terrible.

DIGITAL media degrades abruptly (though sometimes with steps).
    Excellent->Excellent->Excellent->Excellent, but occasionally not readable->Excellent, but with recurring unreadability->Unreadability.

PIE, PIPO, PIF, jitter all do not mean ANYTHING WRT data as long as you are still in the range where error correction is ultimately fully successful. Because prior to that cliff-edge, you still have COMPLETE, EXCELLENT playback.
    They are helpful in giving you a glimpse into how SOON the point where error correction doesn't completely fix the errors (which are almost ALWAYS occurring). This is good because it allows you to prepare to migrate your data onto NEW, replacement media (and start the cycle all over again). It shows potential, future vulnerability. They might also give you clues as to the smoothness of interchange.

You could understand this all better with a recognition of the underlying analog nature inherent to digital media, but if you can't even grasp what we've already been telling you, that will go WAY over your head.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Optical still degrades gradually, but with a steeper curve. It's not "excellent" anymore if there are issues.

The initial burn is key. It may not start out excellent.

This biggest issue that novices overlook (many past CDFreaks users especially) as that you start to have drive incompatibilities, and have to fish for one that works. The weaker drives -- LG especially -- simply will not read the disc. This is also based on disc make-up, such as dyes that affect reflectivity. The weaker it is here, the more the future issues.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I already know that optical medias degrade and lose data in the future but we will only talk about the jitter, PIE and Pipo C1C2 errors , my doubt is if my burned discs have these errors, the errors will cause the data to be burned to disc are deleted and corrupted in future and that the disc can not be read by the drive future ? jitter, PIE , PIPO and C1C2 errors interfere in the durability of data storage DVD discs ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You like to repeat yourself, don't you?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If LS wishes to assist this ejit that is his perrogative.

But if he says '7 days' then he should stick to that. And add one more every time the ejit bumps the topic with the same words.
    Quote Quote  
  30. I repeated the question because I have not got a concrete answer

if my DVD disc has errors jitter, PIE, and C1C2 PIPO data burned that disc will be automatically deleted and I will not be able to use the dvd drive in the future?

I still do not understand what is errors jitter, PIE, PIPO and C1C2 and these errors will corrupt the files burned to disc in the future
    Quote Quote