VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use to remux manually, but the guy put's out in high10 5.1 now so I have re-encode now. So I've been using MkvToMp4 lately on default settings to re-encode. Is the default the best settings or is there a better setting then the default for anime. Also will it effect the file size, and encoding time cause right now it takes hours to encode and doubles the size. Which his is really low file size which I like.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I thought MkvToMP4 could only remux the video (and re-encodes the audio if necessary). That would mean the video remains high10. Which won't play on anything but a computer. Why are you converting to MP4? Because that determines what kind of settings you need when reencoding.
    Last edited by jagabo; 11th Oct 2013 at 22:47.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I thought MkvToMP4 could only remux the video (and re-encodes the audio if necessary). That would mean the video remains high10. Which won't play on anything but a computer. Why are you converting to MP4? Because that determines what kind of settings you need when reencoding.
    You can encode the video and audio on MkvtoMp4 which I been doing to watch my stuff on ps3, it's few options on it which I want advice to which is better to use while doing so.
    Quote Quote