This problem has been doing my head in and any help would be very appreciated!
Here's what I do:
* I rip my DVDs with MakeMKV
* I watch the video in VLC -- looks to be in sync
* I then put it in Handbrake to convert it to mp4
* I use the necessary filters
* With the framerate, I use same as source and select constant framerate.
I then encode the file and it looks to be in sync when I play it in VLC player. I put it in iTunes and the audio is out of sync by a second. Very noticeable. How can I fix this so it plays in sync in iTunes.
The video I'm using is PAL and the framerate is 25. Is this the reason why it isn't in sync? Is there any iTunes settings I need to change to fix it? I'm really at a loss here.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
It is MKV.
So you go from one container format to another !!!!
Your workflow is wrong. This is one suggestion. Other contributors may offer different solutions.
1. Use a standard ripper to get the vobs on to your HDD
2. Use vob2mpeg to create a single mpeg file - no quality loss
3. Import the mpeg into handbrake