VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. 1 How to identify which is the dye used on a DVD media just looking at him physically?

2 My DVD is Philips 16x DVD + R CMC MAG M01 manufactured in 2010 I came in contact with CMC Magnetics and they told me that the current disk use AZO system dye as a dye and discs manufactured in 2010 use dye Cyanine 16x but how can I know if this information is true?

My disc has a purple color
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do we know your statements are true?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    For those of your poor, misguided individuals who don't post here regularly and actually think that gamemaniaco is sincere...
    We've got 3 different threads going on that this idiot has started and kept going. In one of them, he actually bragged about how Phlips swore to him that they used AZO in their DVDs, even though this is a patented Verbatim product that as far as I know has never been licensed to other companies. Now after many posts of telling us that he knew for a fact that they used AZO because they told him so, he's now claiming to not know at all.

All the threads he started have some kind of question that seems sensible, then when people respond with a sincere answer, he asks even more questions. The questions NEVER stop. Even when he is told something directly, he asks about it again as if no one ever mentioned.

We're split about 50-50 on whether he's the dumbest guy ever to join the forums or he's just a really good troll (my opinion). We've been told that he's been kicked out of various other forums for the exact same behavior he's displaying here.

So Bjs, jagabo, sanlyn and others who should know better - go nuts and let's try to get this one up over 50 posts within 4 days.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    1) Not possible, afaik.

2) cdrecord dev=1,0,0 -atip

3) I know you have no idea of WTF is a command-line interface
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gamemaniaco View Post
    1 How to identify which is the dye used on a DVD media just looking at him physically?

2 My DVD is Philips 16x DVD + R CMC MAG M01 manufactured in 2010 I came in contact with CMC Magnetics and they told me that the current disk use AZO system dye as a dye and discs manufactured in 2010 use dye Cyanine 16x but how can I know if this information is true?

My disc has a purple color
    Why does it matter to you? And, in response to another thread, why does it matter to you how many protective anti-scratch layers are on a disc? And, in response to more stupid threads you started--why are you so worried about the tiny, miniscule, virtually impossible chance of fungi and rust infecting discs and computer cases. What are you so afraid of? Why are you so hysterical over the most trivial nonsense?

You are either insane or just the most useless troll ever to hit the internet. Find something more constructive to do with your time and energy. Life is too short. Why don't you contribute to humanity instead of being such a waste of flesh.

You wore out your welcome here long ago.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Wow, I must have missed some good shit recently!

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. What happens is that currently the CMC uses AZO dye for medias and Philips recently asked CMC dye which she wore in medias Philips DVD in 2010 this was the year of manufacture of my dvds and they said that in 2010 the Cyanine dye was the DVD and I wanted to know more about this Cyanine dye if it is good and has good durability
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post
    Why does it matter to you? And, in response to another thread, why does it matter to you how many protective anti-scratch layers are on a disc? And, in response to more stupid threads you started--why are you so worried about the tiny, miniscule, virtually impossible chance of fungi and rust infecting discs and computer cases. What are you so afraid of? Why are you so hysterical over the most trivial nonsense?

You are either insane or just the most useless troll ever to hit the internet. Find something more constructive to do with your time and energy. Life is too short. Why don't you contribute to humanity instead of being such a waste of flesh.

The guy must be autistic, that seems to be the current excuse for odd behaviour these days.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by filmboss80 View Post

The guy must must be autistic, that seems to be the current excuse for odd behaviour these days.
    Quote Quote  
  10. because you guys do not answer my questions?

What happens is que Currently the CMC uses AZO dye for media and Philips recently asked CMC dye Which she wore in medias Philips DVD in 2010 this was the year of manufacture of my dvds and They Said que in 2010 the Cyanine dye was the DVD and I wanted to know more about this Cyanine dye if it is good and has good durability
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    jman98

With this one its actually 4 threads, fungus, scratches, rusty case, and now dye.

gamemaniaco

1 no can do
    2 don't think so
    3 who cares
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stfu.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	20355  

Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    He has all these same threads going on other forums, too, folks. And he gets the same right answers but refuses to believe them. He claims to not understand anything, but refuses to let forums know WHEN he will decide to "understand".

He simply refuses to believe right answers, joke answers or anything else. He refuses to. Check out the other forums and you'll see.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gamemaniaco View Post
    because you guys do not answer my questions?

What happens is que Currently the CMC uses AZO dye for media and Philips recently asked CMC dye Which she wore in medias Philips DVD in 2010 this was the year of manufacture of my dvds and They Said que in 2010 the Cyanine dye was the DVD and I wanted to know more about this Cyanine dye if it is good and has good durability
    Ask your friends at digitalfaq.com. If anybody knows the answer to these questions they do. All the dyes used for DVD-R and DVD+R look to be exactly the same shade of purple to me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    In one of them, he actually bragged about how Phlips swore to him that they used AZO in their DVDs, even though this is a patented Verbatim product that as far as I know has never been licensed to other companies. .
    That's a complicated topic, and it's been addressed many times at digitalFAQ over the years.

1. There's "AZO" (patented) and there's azo (generic).
    2. And then MCC or MKM have indeed licensed theirs out in the past, but it's confined to certain media.

Confused yet?

It's MUCH easier to just be told which discs are good, not why. The "why" is a can of worms!

Philips = CMC = poopoo
    Verbatim = MCC = good, yay! It's why I use these, and you should too!
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    In one of them, he actually bragged about how Phlips swore to him that they used AZO in their DVDs, even though this is a patented Verbatim product that as far as I know has never been licensed to other companies. .
    That's a complicated topic, and it's been addressed many times at digitalFAQ over the years.

1. There's "AZO" (patented) and there's azo (generic).
    2. And then MCC or MKM have indeed licensed theirs out in the past, but it's confined to certain media.

Confused yet?

It's MUCH easier to just be told which discs are good, not why. The "why" is a can of worms!

Philips = CMC = poopoo
    Verbatim = MCC = good, yay! It's why I use these, and you should too!
    Thank Lordsmurf you're the only guy who has helped me

About Cyanine DVD + R, it is possible to use this dye in this media? CMC said that because the dye used in my medias Philips DVD + R is the dye Cyanine, my disc has 16x and purple coloring
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Why don't you just (for now) put away the attempt at full chemical understanding of Dye <-> Reader interaction and just follow good common-sense wisdom of educated consumers' word-of-mouth when they explain which brands to use and which to avoid (such as what you can get here, on Doom9, on AVSForum, on Consumer Reports, etc)? Who gives a #*@( what color it is as long as it works, right?

Scott

<edit>Ok, now I see the pattern (just finished reading those other threads...)
    Last call!
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 10th Oct 2013 at 15:28.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    "Who gives a... what color..."

Corn, oh my. Get with it! We're in the digital age now!

Color-coordinated disk spinning is JUST around the corner!! We NEED colors to be coordinated for The Next Big Thing!

I hope you realize that. Now.

-also from a capital city that claims to be deep in the heart... of course, it's not Brownwood...
    Quote Quote  
  18. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Apple cares about color. http://www.apple.com/iphone-5c/
    Yes, and they keep sucking at web designing as well
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    One MORE reason I don't own any iOS products (though I do have a Mac for Production + Cross-platform necessity purposes). I don't hate the stuff, I just hate the philosophy.

I'm getting with it as much as my craggy old bones will let me!...Have patience. Oh, wait! People don't have that anymore.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  20. As per Jimi Hendrix, the answer is "purple" haze dye. Mined solely in Malaysia but transported world wide via the underground fiber optic network.
    Quote Quote  
  21. What is the dye used in DVD + R 16x?

There is Cyanine dye to DVD + R 16x?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Oh dear god!!!!!!!
    He spent all that time trying to come up with a new twist for his new username!!!!!!

Quote Quote  
  23. Banned
    Search PM
    How long till hes banned again?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Someone throw up the bat signal, its time for usually_quiet to give his opinion on this
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VideoChunkster View Post
    Someone throw up the bat signal, its time for usually_quiet to give his opinion on this
    My opinion is that I would not mind seeing all trolls banned on principle, including part-time trolls like yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Someone throw up the bat signal, its time for usually_quiet to give his opinion on this
    My opinion is that I would not mind seeing all trolls banned on principle, including part-time trolls like yourself.
    To be fair, you did reply multiple times in a completely serious fashion to his threads even though you admitted that you knew that gamemaniaco was a toll. But other veteran members here were just as bad or worse than you in doing that.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    To be fair, you did reply multiple times in a completely serious fashion to his threads even though you admitted that you knew that gamemaniaco was a toll. But other veteran members here were just as bad or worse than you in doing that.
    All replies feed trolls. Your name is on the stupid list along with the rest of those who replied in any fashion.
    Quote Quote  
  28. I think we have established that usually_quiet is never really quiet these days
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I joined the 'stupid list' a long time ago. So...

A classic troll tactic is to post seemingly genuinine topics and then sit back to watch the rest of the members argue amongst themselves.

If we simply ignored the ejit, and no one replied, he may just simply go away.
    Quote Quote