VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am having a strange issue converting with Handbrake. I have Handbrake 0.9.8 and I am running on a Windows 7 x32 Intel i processor 3 GB RAM computer. I am attempting to convert an MKV file into MP4 for Xbox 360 playback. However, when I hardcode the subs in, Handbrake chokes halfway through the conversion and outputs a corrupt file. Here are the specs of the video:

MKV file:
    Stream 0
    -Type: Video
    -Codec: H.264 (x264)
    -Language: Japanese
    -Resolution: 1280x720
    -Frame Rate: 23.976215
    -Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV 10-bit LE

Stream 1
    -Type: Audio
    -Codec: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
    -Language: Japanese
    -Channels: Stereo
    -Sample rate: 48000 Hz

Stream 2
    -Type: Subtitle
    -Codec: SubStation Alpha subtitles (ssa)
    -Language: English
    -Description: English subtitles

In handbrake, I am using the normal preset.

Video:
    Anamorphic: Strict
    Cropping: Automatic
    Variable Framerate
    Constant Quality: RF:20

Audio:
    1 Japanese (aac) (2.0 ch)
    Audio codec: (faac)
    Mixdown: Dolby Pro Logic II
    Samplerate: Auto
    Bitrate: 160

Subtitles:
    1 English SSA
    Burned In

I have tried converting on my 32-bit and 64-bit PCs, both choke on the file and fail. The file has been tested and works fine as MKV. After repeatedly trying to fix the problem, I suspect the conversion is choking on hardcoding the subtitles. Converting the video with no subtitles does work.

Please, no suggestions of other programs unless they will fix the problem; I have already tried multiple programs, all yielding the same results. Is there any way I can toggle a setting or something to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried latest handbrake 0.9.9? Or beta versions from http://handbrake.fr/nightly.php
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you suspect the subtitles perhaps try to drag them into Subtitle Edit and see what Tool -> Fix common errors reports.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried latest handbrake 0.9.9? Or beta versions from http://handbrake.fr/nightly.php

I just now upgraded to latest (0.9.9) and ran the file, and the file ran through! I guess it was a bug on the old version. Thank you very much!

(Can close now)
    Quote Quote