VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. People I Shrinked a Blu-ray movie and it resulted that is protected with Cinavia but since I got another unprotected rip of the same movie I was wondering if I can substitute the audio and still be able to use the Shrinked Blu-ray movie. A tool to do such a task will be nice. I would love to keep the original Blu-ray structure with the original menu and extras. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I'm not aware of any tool that will let you substitute audio streams and retain original menus and extras in blu ray.

Are you certain that the second copy doesn't have Cinavia? Have you tested it to be sure? If it doesn't, it may be from a dvd version of the movie and may not match up exactly to the blu ray. You need to check running time of your video and the running time of the audio in this second version.

If everything checks out, you can demux the audio, video and subtitles from the original and then remux with the new audio stream. You'll lose the menu and extras while doing this. Test the output at this point to make sure your audio and video are in sync throughout the movie.

It might be possible to extract the extras and the original background and rebuild an approximation of the original structure, but it won't be as polished and will take a lot of time. MultiAVCHD is the only free tool that I know of to reauthor the blu ray.

You would be much better off simply buying a media player that doesn't detect Cinavia, or buying an older blu ray player released before Cinavia became part of AACS.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No, it is NOT currently possible to do this with BluRay. It is possible to do this with DVD using VOBBlanker. We have a guide here on adding subtitles to a DVD and preserving the menus and structure and that guide could be used to replace an audio stream, but as Kerry56 says, you can't do that on BluRay. Basically the menu system in BluRay is much more complex and I guess that's why there is no such tool for BD like VOBBlanker for DVD.

If you wish to take a risk that you may get a lot of negative follow up posts and criticism from the people there, you could go to the official BD-RB forums on Doom9 and suggest that the author of BD-RB make such an option in a future version of the program. If anybody knows a way to do it, it would be him. The people on Doom9 really suck, so I have to warn you that while the BD-RB author himself is fine, his official forum is patrolled by his crazy followers who are anything but fine. They often give mean spirited replies to valid questions, so there is always some risk in asking.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Will that help to defeat Cinavia if I convert audio to LPCM, AC3 or viceversa or between formats? I noticed that multiAVCHD have those options.
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Big-Louis-1971 View Post
    Will that help to defeat Cinavia if I convert audio to LPCM, AC3 or viceversa or between formats? I noticed that multiAVCHD have those options.
    No, because

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Cinavia works to prevent copying via the detection of a watermark recorded into the analog audio of media such as theatrical films and Blu-ray discs. Note that the intent is to prevent all copying, both pirate copies and legal copies of one's own content, for example, for format shifting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could sub the audio as movie only with Tsmuxer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. a few days ago I used multiavch to create a blu-ray and it did it but the files I inputted were all lpcm 5.1 and a couple of passed thru but most got changed to 128 DD 5.1 , which is not as good. I used the right settings. It is especially confusing since a few of the files did go thru and end up with the same 6912 lpcm 5.1

any ideas how to get this to work on all the files? all my files had the exact same 6912 lpcm 5.1 audio to begin with
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Big-Louis-1971 View Post
    People I Shrinked a Blu-ray movie and it resulted that is protected with Cinavia but since I got another unprotected rip of the same movie I was wondering if I can substitute the audio and still be able to use the Shrinked Blu-ray movie. A tool to do such a task will be nice. I would love to keep the original Blu-ray structure with the original menu and extras. Thanks in advance.

Demux the unprotected audio.
    Use BD_RB to encode the original.
    After the extraction phase rename the unprotected audio to match the extracted audio by BD_RB
    Replace extracted BD_RB audio with the renamed unprotected audio.
    Let BD_RB finish

Note that since you are giving no details about the movie these instructions might be over simplified.

jman98
    How do you really feel about Doom9?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could use MakeMKV with the existing ripped Bluray and then with that MKV open it in MkvMergeGui and add in the new audio track and untick the original. You won't have any menu's but assuming the timings are correct this will do the trick. Longterm it is probably easier to buy a media player like the Popcorn C300 or WDTV live and basically ditch the standalone for most things...
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote