VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i am trying to copy dolphin tale for my daughter and i have issue with the 3d i think.

I use DVDFAB 9.0.2.6 and 9.0.6.3, i did succesfully more than 25 BD clone and all works.
    I dont why this one, it just stay at the main menu, cannot launch movie.

I try the settings in DVDFAB igone read error, is it the mistake ? i use bd-50gb verbatim, i dont think the issue is the media, because the disk launch and it detect it's a 3d movie..

I need to try without the option ignore read error but in some movie, the option seem useful because , in reading step, it just stop no matter the software use...

Can somebody give clear instructions about this option, is for DVD only ?

Thanks

Braso
    Quote Quote  
  2. To successfully do a 3D backup, you have to make an ISO image, then burn the image to a BD50 with ImgBurn.

Did you rip as an ISO image?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your response..No i didn't rip to iso, i just dump the all content to the hard drive with dvdfab , it gives around 41 gb in average and i burn with Ashampoo burning studio 6 free as a data disk, normally it works for all the other bluray i did...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    do i need to created the image with imgburn also ?Do i need to turn anydvd to hide the protection (AACS folder )?
    Imgburn and anydvd doesn't seem to work together, is it just a warning message ? is it gonna work ?
    I feel newbs for backup 3d bluray and i am but it's new, i just need few tips..

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    3D is special. The rules for normal 2D BluRay do not apply.

We've had reports that some 3D BluRay players won't play any backed up 3D BluRay discs. So there is always some risk involved.

You should burn to Verbatim BD-DL discs for the best chance of success.

Yes, you can run AnyDVD and ImgBurn at the same time.

One of our users reported that the newest version of BD-RB can shrink 3D BluRay rips to single layer size, but I have never tried this and cannot promise it works.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    One of our users reported that the newest version of BD-RB can shrink 3D BluRay rips to single layer size, but I have never tried this and cannot promise it works.
    Oh I missed that, it must have been recently introduced as another hidden option. I'll have to test it. DVDFab offered that a few versions ago, and I tried it on two 3D Blu-Rays, but neither re-encode played on my 3D standalone. So I gave it up as a bad job.

To the OP: the point of ripping as an ISO image is that it's, ahem, an exact image of the original. Ripping as files just won't do, and if it's worked for you before, you were lucky. Both DVDFab and AnyDVDHD can rip as ISO. If using DVDFabPasskey, then yes, you'd have to make an ISO in conjunction with ImgBurn.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fritzi93 View Post
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Oh I missed that, it must have been recently introduced as another hidden option.
    Or it could be halucinatory bs. I wouldn't bet my house on it being correct, i'm just reporting what someone here claimed without any verification, so it may or may not be true.

I did a web search on this feature and turned up nothing useful. By the way, my search skills are excellent so again, just passing on what I heard rather than meaning for it to be a "100% for absolute certainty it's true" kind of thing. Now that my search failed to turn up anything useful, I'm actually kind of doubtful about the feature.

I did find a reference to BD-RB being able to turn 3D into 2D so it could be that what I read was from someone who misunderstood that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    BD Rebuilder added some 3D capabilities back in May with version 0.44.02, with more options added in later releases. You'll need the DirecshowMVCSource DLL installed and configured properly. This information can be found in the release notes.

I don't have a 3D tv or any 3D movies, so its not something I have worked with.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Eh, I'm only seeing side-by-side, over/under and Anaglyph in the BDRB changelog. Not a true 3D Blu-Ray re-encode like DVDFab claimed. Maybe it worked on some standalones, but definitely not on my LG BD670. The best I could manage was a movie-only re-encode would begin, then freeze.

Hey braso, I'm curious. What model is your 3D Blu-Ray standalone? Or are you playing your rips on a software player?
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, i dont rip 3d bluray and rencode to 25 gb, the only thing i want is be able to do a backup copy of a 3d movie from the original bluray.

I try just dvdfab and option full disk option, without anydvd hd and without dvdfab passkey.
    I burn as a standard data disk the contecnt extract from BD disk and burn into a 50gb br disk. It load the top menu but movie won't start.

i heard that anydvd hd is working well with dvdfab even if dvdfab says is it not compatible, just igonre the message ? it is right ?
    Is passkey better that anydvd hd ? do i need to use absolutely 1 of these 2 software to copy 1:1 bluray ?

I am curious, i burn succesfully 25 bluray movie standard 2d and all works. is it just by chance ?

i have 2 bluray player, both are panasonic, one with 3d feature..=> DMP-BDT230PC. I also upgrade the firmware which was available...

Let me know and thanks for all your answer..

Braso
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    As far as I am aware, you can rip a 3D movie using the built in ripper within AnyDVD HD and output as an ISO file. Use ImgBurn to burn this directly to a 50gb disc. That would be the method I would try.

If you have a paid version of DVDFab, it should be able to rip as an ISO also.

Fritzi mentioned all this in post #6.
    Quote Quote