I have a strange Handbrake issue I'm hoping somebody can help me figure out.
1. I am using Handbrake 0.9.9.5530 (Windows versions x32 & x64; MAC version w/ OS10) in conjunction with an unencrypted ISO file.
2. In the Source field I select the mounted ISO. The "Title" dropdown shows the main video file selected and shows all the chapters and the length of the movie (approx 90 minutes).
3. I select my destination as a temp folder on a locally attached hard drive and leave the output settings as the default Mp4.
4. I click on Start and the file looks like it's processing for about a second and then tells me it's completed.
5. The same thing occurs if I change the output to mkv.
6. The only way I can actually convert the video is going to Source-->Open File and then browse the mounted ISO to select individual .VOB files. This obviously is a pain and I can't figure out why the program is acting this way.
7. I've tried the 32 bit and 64 bit versions on Windows 7 Pro x64 and the MAC version on OSx10.
Same problem using all three variations of the program. I'm doing something wrong but I followed some user guides and it appears I'm doing it right. Can somebody help me figure out why this heck this isn't working?
Thanks in advance for the replies and advice!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: Strange Handbrake Issue
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I did try recreating the ISO and even ripped the DVD to Audio & Video Folder but the problem persists. I might just throw in the towel at this point as I don't think this is a Handbrake issue but rather I just have a bad DVD/ISO file....thanks.
I've used ISOPuzzle to try to extract video from a badly scratched DVD. Then I mounted that ISO and tried to convert it to MKV and VidCoder/Handrake failed. Apparently the file was too messed up and beyond simple recovery.
If you have a damaged file, may be the same problem. I gave up also. I suspect vital parts of the DVD structure were damaged. I couldn't extract the VOBs either with VOB2MPG.