I have all the video clips captured and I basically need a starting menu followed by a video then to trigger a chapter menu after that video clip and after you pick a chapter and that chapter plays it then automatically plays a final video and then loops back to the starting menu.
So this is the sequence I am aiming to end up with
Any suggestions on the best software to achieve this?
- A dvd that you put in the drive, a menu comes up saying "play"
- On clicking play it plays one video clip (The opening Video) in full which fades to black
- A menu then appears giving you the choice lets say A or B
- If you click A it plays the A video file
- if you click B it plays the B video file
- After EITHER A or B have played it then plays a 4th video which is the same video regardless of choice.
- After the 4th clip plays it takes you back to the menu from point 1.
Thanks for any tips and advice
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
You need a DVD authoring program. Most of the freebies are lacking in features.
TMPGenc Authoring Works 5 has many features, including a smart-rendering editor, single-layer and dual-layer burning, authoring for Standard-def DVD, BluRay, etc.
Authoring apps require that your source video is properly encoded for the desired disc format.
DVD (PAL & NTSC): http://www.videohelp.com/dvd#tech
BluRay and AVCHD (PAL & NTSC): http://www.videohelp.com/hd#techOur inventions are wont to be pretty toys, which distract our attention from serious things. They are but improved means to an unimproved end. -- Henry David Thoreau
With proper planning, Adobe Encore CS6 can do this easily. You just import each clip as a timeline and then set up your menus. The end action for each clip can be set to a specific menu or another video.
Of course the disadvantages are that Encore only comes with Premiere and Premiere CC does NOT include Encore.
Edit: smrpix beat me to the post.