VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	20132

As you can see the NBA TV is cut off in the top left corner. This happens across all inputs. TV/Bluray/Video Games.

Specs:
    HD33 Optoma Projector
    Sony STR-DH520
    Sony BDP-S590

Now I thought at first it was the projector, but after I zoomed it around and adjusted the lens, the cut off still remained. I also believe it does this a bit at bottom too. This is difficult for sporting events where scoreboards are listed at top/bottom.

Please help me fix this. I don't know where to start.
    Last edited by king818; 22nd Sep 2013 at 18:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know anything about your projector but Sony Tvs have various picture display settings - auto, wide, smart and zoom.

The first two should show the complete picture. You may have a display setting that does not default to these.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey, I have a Sony projector with a screen on the wall. I don't have a TV. Are you referring to the Optoma's picture display settings?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was. I would have thought that your projector - I did say that in my reply - had the same sort of settings as a Sony Tv. I do know what a projector is.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try turning off overscan.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There are at least 30 models of optoma projectors. It doesn't appear they are made by sony at all. As suggested above, check your display modes.
    Last edited by smrpix; 22nd Sep 2013 at 17:47.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey you're right, it appears the projector is an Optoma HD33.
    With my setup I plug the HD33 into the STR-DH520, and all inputs go through there. The Xbox, the TV, the Computer, the Bluray.

I just tried plugging the computer directly into the HD33, bypassing the STR-DH520. When I change the computer resolution to 1280x720, it fit perfectly. When I do the same when going through the STR-DH520, it does not fill the screen, and things are still cut off.

I am not sure how to change settings on the HD33. I am not sure how to change the display settings. It appears the problem may be the STR-DH520, which all the inputs are passing through
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why would you output a projector in to a AV receiver ?

A projector should surely be the last item in any chain. AV receiver into the projector, yes?. But the other way around ?

"With my setup I plug the HD33 into the STR-DH520, and all inputs go through there. The Xbox, the TV, the Computer, the Bluray."

I thought you said you did not have a tv ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yeah, sorry. Everything plugs into the STR-DH520 which then plugs into the projector (all HDMI). No TV, everything projects onto screen on the wall. Sorry, not the TV. I meant the cable box.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Try setting your sources to output 1080i instead of 1080p.
    Quote Quote