VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I'm using Freemake Video converter to turn files into Video CD compatible files. I found a guide online that told me what settings to use to make the mpegs VCD compatible, but it isn't working at all. When I try to burn the files to the CD using my ashampoo burning software it tells me that the files are not correctly formatted for video, audio, and general formatting incompatibility.

The settings I'm using are mpeg1 codec, 1150 bitrate, 29.97 fps, mp2 audio at 44100 hz and 256 bitrate.

Anyone have any idea why the files are failing so spectacularly?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What video resolution size did you choose?

In addition, according to Wikipedia, your audio bit rate is too high.

Video

Video specifications[4]
    Audio

Audio specifications[5]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_CD
    Last edited by mike20021969; 21st Sep 2013 at 04:32.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I used 320x240. Even if the audio bitrate was too high the CD player kicked back something about the video not being formatted correctly and general formatting problems as well.

I don't know if this matters or not but I transferred one of the mpegs over to my desktop and re-encoded it in TMPGEnc, and when I went to play it it gave some sort of playback error, saying it might not play correctly. Something about a dump overrun or something like that. It ended up playing ok but odd that it would give that message.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Making them compliant (which your audio isn't) doesn't make them VCDs. They also have to be authored.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The VCD resolution as loaded by the old TMPGenc 2.5 template was 352x240 (NTSC ) and 352x288(PAL).

I believe these to be the standard resolutions - although others may work.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    320x240 isn't compatible with anything - not VCD, SVCD, DVD or BD. For VCD you MUST have 352x240 with your frame rate.256 Kbps audio is too high for VCD.

Is Ashampoo even capable of burning VCD? It's not well respected here so few use it. I thought it was DVD software, but I'm too lazy to check and have never used it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Is Ashampoo even capable of burning VCD?.
    Yes (I only checked Burning Studio 12), but the files have to be compliant already.
    Quote Quote