VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have Media player classic home cinema 1.6.4.6052 and my problem is that when opening some mkv files like the ones in the pictures i attach, the movie covers only a small part of the screen. Any ideas why this happens? My monitor is a Dell U2412M with resolution 1920x1200.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	684
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	20109  

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.png
Views:	658
Size:	933.7 KB
ID:	20110  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you'd have to look at the video's stats to see if they're encoded with black bars all around. try mediainfo in text mode. if they show as 1920x1080 but play like that you are out of luck.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. View (or right click) -> Video Frame -> Touch Window From Inside
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Possibly you have a widescreen source, probably TV, encoded in a 4:3 window. That may not be the case, but if that's what you have, it would look like that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I did what jabago wrote and it worked. The movie fills the whole screen. Do you know what this option really affects?
    And a last question: I have the zip portable version of MPC-HC (not the installer). Is there a way to save in a file all the changes i have made in the View-Options tab and generally in the settings, so i can apply them in a future version?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by infini View Post
    I did what jabago wrote and it worked. The movie fills the whole screen. Do you know what this option really affects?
    It controls whether or not the picture is resized to fill the window/screen, or stays a fixed size. It works in conjunction with the aspect ratio settings. The video is scaled up until it fills the width or height, whichever happens first. So if the video doesn't match the aspect ratio of your window/screen it will be letterboxed or pillarboxed. Touch Window From Outside scales the video up until it fills both the width and height of the window/screen. If the video doesn't match aspect ratio of the screen it will be cropped.

Originally Posted by infini View Post
    And a last question: I have the zip portable version of MPC-HC (not the installer). Is there a way to save in a file all the changes i have made in the View-Options tab and generally in the settings, so i can apply them in a future version?
    It remembers the setting in the Registry. So you could export the Registry key.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I wish they had an ini file, it would be much easier. Do you know which is exactly the registry key? I ask because since it is the portable zip version i don't think it writes something in the registry.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You must create a text file with the following content:

Code:
    [Settings]
    and save next to mpc-hc executable with the file name mpc-hc.ini or mpc-hc64.ini for the 64-bit version
    And check "Store settings to .ini file" in player settings
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mpc-hc.png
Views:	2265
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	20113  

Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by infini View Post
    I wish they had an ini file, it would be much easier.
    But MPC-HC does have a checkbox which says "Store settings to INI file"
    Unless things have changed very much between version 1.6.8.7391 and their latest release...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Do you know in which option is this tab?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Oh, I hadn't noticed before but on the Miscellaneous tab there is a Settings Management with Export options (creates .REG files which you can import). The INI file settings is on the Player tab, in the Other box, "Store Settings to .ini file".
    Quote Quote