Days ago I filmed with HDR-CX150 . And I find the video has recorded with some weird blue lines on the image, seem to be in fixed position. I uploaded a sample video in following link:
I just cannot believe this kind of things happen with memory recorders!, thought this could happen on DV tapes, but on memory.., sounds very weird to me!
I need help of any kind. Possible cause of this problem, possible solution. Is there a way of eliminating those lines via some software?, a vegas plug-in?, something?..,
Already tried with: Formatting the internal & external memories, Changing recording quality to HQ, SP or EP. none of these was a solution.
many thanks in advance!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
A stab in the dark -- Do you have the same problem if you film in another room or outdoors? Maybe between the projector, the florescent lights and the microphones you're getting some sort of RF interference.
Camera failing? Decoder problem? Does the video look ok when viewed on the camera's display?
This is the Tweedledee. And oh, there's the Tweedledum, too.
- shoot outdoors in the sun
- use another memory stick or SD card
- note if the same appears on camcorder LCD
- use a fresh, fully charged battery
1) The recorded videos looks exactly the same on the camera display. Those weird lines still there.
At the time of the filming you saw in the sample YT link I gave, the camera was running plugged to AC and recording to internal memory (not external).
2) Have the camera with me right now, did a recording check at my office (here I have incandescent lights). Did a couple little filmings of about one minute each, one on internal memory and the other on external (now with the camera running with battery). The problem persists. It did record with annoying lines on both files.
I'll try outdoors with sunlight tomorrow, right now while I write this, is night time in Argentina
Seems to be like turk690 said, ' is a dying CCD or CMOS imaging chip' anyways... , I do not have much problem with throwing this camera to the garbage can... (perhaps belongs there) but what concerns me right now is to deliver the recording to my client.. does anybody have an idea, about a plugin or some sort of software for correcting this?
THANKS everyone again
The camera is failing. Time for a new one. I don't think you'll be able to clean that video up much. I wasn't able to download from Youtube. If you provide a non-reencoded sample (this site accepts up to 500 MB) I'll take a closer look at it. 5 or 10 seconds should be sufficient.