VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having this problem: some flv video files I download get progressively out of audio sync.
    How to solve this problem using Mac software?
    I tried syncing them using Digital Performer and some syncing worked but some videos never get synced whatever FPS I use.
    Please help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Probably a Tiger issue (10.4.x is what you're running according to your Profile). If you can't update your OSX to something a bit more modern, Adobe Flash just may not be for you any more. Sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rumplestiltskin View Post
    Probably a Tiger issue (10.4.x is what you're running according to your Profile). If you can't update your OSX to something a bit more modern, Adobe Flash just may not be for you any more. Sorry.
    I'm using MacOS 10.8.4 in iMac Intel Core i5, 8 gigabytes RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M, so your answer doesn't make much sense.
    Thanks for your help anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, my answer made perfect sense if you still used the hardware you've failed to update in your profile. Might want to have a look and fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, my profile is now updated. Are you willing to help now?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You write you're downloading flv's. Would you provide a link so I might try it and see what happens? I'm also running 10.8.4. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I thought you were a video expert. I will not disclose my privacy (the videos I watch) in a forum.
    If you have some general tips about the matter, Ok, but if you don't... Sorry about that.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, you could provide a link in a PM.

The NSA already knows what you're watching. ;D
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, let the NSA know what I'm watching. We can't do anything about that.
    Quote Quote  
  10. typical sources for progressively increasing delay is caused by:
    a. wrong time codes (extracting raw streams with flvextractcl and remuxing the video and audio with ffmpeg should help there if the video is vfr and the average frame rate is properly set)
    b. wrong frame rate (remuxing and changing the frame rate with ffmpeg might help there)
    c. some how broken streams or headers (sometimes remuxing with ffmpeg helps)
    d. someone messed up and remuxed a vfr video stream without keeping the time codes or reencoding the video to compensate the removed time codes
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for your learned response. As an amateur video user, I'll try to test the 4 options you give me.
    There are some expressions you use that I ignore, for instance, "vfr".
    Also, I'm a Mac user and I really don't know if there is "flvextractcl" for Mac.
    Quote Quote  
  12. vfr = variable frame rate
    in contrast to
    cfr = constant frame rate

Also, I'm a Mac user and I really don't know if there is "flvextractcl" for Mac.
    there is if you compile the c++ source code of flvextract (http://moitah.net/), attached a compiled binary for you, which I compiled some time ago
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote