VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a 3D video that I edited with Adobe Premiere to play on an LG passive 3D LCD (model 65LM6200). The video is in side-by-side h.264 format, and will be put onto a USB drive for looping playback at a trade show. It looks great, but the TV won't auto-detect that it is 3D, so each time the loop starts, the TV menu has to be used to select the 3D side-by-side format. This will be a real hassle at the show: since the loop is only about 10 minutes long, the TV will have to be constantly monitored and re-set.

The TV auto-detected an LG MP4 demo that I downloaded from YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R10o9unvN5o), so there must be a way to encode my clip so that the TV recognizes the format automatically. But so far everything I've tried outputting with Premiere, and also converting with Handbrake, has the same result. If this sheds any light, here is the gspot info on the YouTube clip:container: mp42:MP4v2
    Audio codec: mp4a MPEG-4 AAC LC
    Codec: avc1 Name: h.264/mpeg-4 AVC
    ...this is the same as some of the video tests I exported. I'd appreciate some insight/help on how to get my video to be properly detected as side-by-side 3D.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know that you can fix this problem. Let me explain.

I have a Vizio 3D TV. It does a terrible of handling anything 3D that is not 3D BluRay. Yes it can play files in 3D that aren't 3D BluRay format like MKV files, but the aspect ratio is never right. I have messed with all the settings and I just came to the conclusion that 3D playback is iffy if it's not in BluRay format. If this TV is anything like mine, you are wasting your time trying to solve this problem because there is no solution. It may simply be that 3D playback outside of BluRay format just requires manual intervention. I know consumers like to believe that TVs are perfect as file players, but actually they are pretty crummy at that job.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a passive 3D LG as well. It is the 65LW6500, the 65" model immediately before yours. Only 3D Blu-Ray is autodetected.

However, if I have a SbS TS (transport stream) on a thumb drive, once I set for 3D SbS, it will play the file repeatedly in 3D without further intervention. And I just tested it, to make sure my memory was not at fault. One single file on the thumb drive only. Perhaps you should try remuxing the file with tsMuxer, outputting as TS. I shouldn't think there would be any significant differences between your TV's onboard player and mine.

If the above doesn't work, why couldn't you just join the file in tsMuxer repeatedly, say half a dozen or a dozen times? Up to whatever the capacity of your thumb drive is. A dozen times would give you one big two hour file. Output as Transport Stream.

I'm curious about this demo. I don't see a way to download it and VideoCacheView doesn't show it when I play the file. How about posting a usable download link? That way others here could see what they can find out about this file. Oh, and GSpot isn't going to be very useful here, MediaInfo would be better. Post what it says about the file in text view.

[EDIT] And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Here's a MediaInfo screenshot of a file that works as I explained above:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mariinsky Nutcracker.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	19949
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I downoaled the LG demo from YouTube using Firefox and the video download plugin. It will save as a full hd mp4. If I can't figure out a way to properly encode my video, I do plan to join it together as many times as I can fit on the USB drive. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give tsMuxer a try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @tkdoherty Did you manage to solve your problem? Was your video finally encoded the way that it was automatically recognized as 3D SBS? I have a similar problem, tried the LG video ad and it is automatically detected as 3D on my TV, while mine isn't

I downloaded the LG video in 1080p and 720p versions, both worked in 3D, so I compared what fields in their structure they have identical. It seems like there's nothing that actually points to stereo mode.

Code:
    Video
    ID                                       : 1
    Format                                   : AVC
    Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
    Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
    Codec ID                                 : avc1
    Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
    Frame rate mode                          : Variable
    Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Minimum frame rate                       : 23.974 FPS
    Maximum frame rate                       : 23.981 FPS
    Color space                              : YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                                : 8 bits
    Scan type                                : Progressive
    Color range                              : Limited
    Color primaries                          : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics                 : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients                      : BT.709
    Codec configuration box                  : avcC
    I know it's been 7 years since you posted your message, you might be dead already, but if you are not, maybe you can recall good old days and drop me a hint what worked for you, if anything
    Quote Quote