VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. how can i get VD to accept mp4 movies please
    Quote Quote  
  2. As input? I use FFVideoSource in an AviSynth script. That's only for the video, though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    As input? I use FFVideoSource in an AviSynth script. That's only for the video, though.

Im sorry but i dont understand all of that

i just wanted to import a mp4 video so i can make audio louder
    Quote Quote  
  4. Oh, sorry. I use Audacity for amplifying audio. I thought you wanted to know how to open a video in VDub.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    As manono suggests, if you just want to reprocess the audio it can be done with Audacity. But "mp4" is a container that can hold video made with many different encoders: h264, DivX, XVid, QuickTime, etc.. The file works in media players because either those players or your system has the proper codec somewhere. If you identify the codec there might be a way to open it in VirtualDub, but there are far more plugins available for opening it with Avisynth and running a script with VirtualDub.

Try the free MediaInfo utility, which will identify the video and audio codecs used.
    Last edited by sanlyn; 21st Mar 2014 at 14:33.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Audacity with the ffmpeg source plugin can import audio directly from your source file. After processing the audio save with the codec you want. Then use an MP4 muxing tool to mux your original video with your new audio.

VirtualDub with the right source plugins can open an MP4 file but you'll end up reencoding the video as well as the audio.
    Quote Quote