VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

got new TV which only accept Digital Audio and old SVGA Input for video which doesn't make sense ?
    any way i've done all the conversation but no sound any idea how get the audio ?
    see picture TV manual guide. (on right hand side)

Click image for larger version

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	19883
    Quote Quote  
  2. there is no problem for video only the audio need to play from TV, for audio converter i used following.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    composite/component in (audio red/white plugs) is analog not digital.
    You have not mentioned what you are trying to connect to the TV, nor what the connection is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fary4u View Post
    Hi

got new TV which only accept Digital Audio and old SVGA Input for video which doesn't make sense ?
    any way i've done all the conversation but no sound any idea how get the audio ?
    see picture TV manual guide. (on right hand side)
    Your TV accepts analog audio but probably not digital audio. The red and white ports and the PC audio port are analog stereo connections. The coaxial digital audio port or optical digital audio port on a TV is normally just for output and will not accept audio input. They allow the TV to transmit audio from programming received via the TV tuner to a receiver or home theater system.

Since this is in the HTPC and MediaCenter forum, what are you attempting to connect to the TV, a PC or a MediaCenter/Media Player (WD TV Live, ASUS O!Play, etc.)? The make and model of TV would also be very useful information.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 3rd Sep 2013 at 09:58.
    Quote Quote  
  5. sorry not to mention, i connect my pc to tv via SVGA & Audio out.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You do not need to convert anything for audio from a normal desktop or laptop with some kind of 3.5mm audio output. All you need is a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male stereo audio cable that is long enough to reach from the computer to a TV. They are inexpensive and can be found in many brick and mortar stores with an A/V or electronics department. Here is one example of the kind of cable needed: http://www.amazon.co.uk/FPUK-Metre-3-5mm-Stereo-Electronics/dp/B001D8I668/ref=sr_1_1?s...qid=1378230291

For a desktop, you would use the cable above to connect the green speaker port located on the back panel and the connection marked "Audio In RGB/DVI" on the TV. For a laptop, you would use the cable above to connect the headphone jack and the connection marked "Audio In RGB/DVI" on the TV.
    Quote Quote