VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm making Blurays (not AVCHD discs) and I was wondering what Bluray players are incompatible with discs authored with MultiAVCHD as I heard MultiAVCHD doesn't author 100% compliant Bluray discs?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you really expect an authorative answer to this ?

If your 'Blu-ray' disk does not play in ALL Blu-Ray players then it is not a Blu-Ray disk. Right ?

If you send out disks then you owe it to the people who recieve them to ensure that they play and not to blame the peoples' players.

And you do that by using fully compliant software and not something that clearly states 'should play'
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    I'm making Blurays (not AVCHD discs) and I was wondering what Bluray players are incompatible with discs authored with MultiAVCHD as I heard MultiAVCHD doesn't author 100% compliant Bluray discs?
    IIRC, some Panasonic players are supposedly iffy with multiAVCHD authored discs. Other than that, I dunno. Mind you, some early BD standalones were reportedly very picky about what they'd play on a burned BDR, whether authored with multiAVCHD or tsMuxer, or just burned discs in general. Doom9 had a thread on it with a list, but I've deleted the bookmark.

Found it, but I don't suppose it'll be much help. I don't know of any current, up-to-date list:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146339&highlight=standalone+results

[EDIT] Sorry, you did say Blu-Ray and not AVCHDs. Still, you can't be completely certain a given player will even play burned BDRs, especially older standalones. And I don't know of any list for standalones and burned BDRs, whatever the authoring program used. Another variable is media used, but I presume you know that.
    Last edited by fritzi93; 29th Aug 2013 at 14:40.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There were some older players like Momitsu that could not play anything that multiAVCHD made, but such players were rare. A few major manufacturer players needed some settings tweaked in multiAVCHD and then everything was OK. The vast majority of players as far as I can tell work fine with multiAVCHD and you are worrying about a "the possibility of this happening is quite low but it's not zero" event as if it was a "the odds of this happening are greater than 50%" event.
    Quote Quote