I just spent a day figuring out how to compile and thought I'd share as i haven't found a complete guide on the internet on how to do this, the build instructions from rtmpdump are horrible, and it's really quite easy once you know what to do.
Step 1. Install and configure Mingw
1. Goto http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/Installer/mingw-get-inst/mingw-get-inst-20120426/ and download and install mingw-get-inst-20120426.exe to c:\mingw
2. Goto c:\mingw and create a new folder c:\mingw\local
3. Goto start > computer > properties > advanced system settings > environment variables > path(in the bottom container) > edit ... add ;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\MinGW\local\bin to the end
4. Goto C:\MinGW\msys\1.0 and double click on msys.bat and type in
5. You will find the specs file located in C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\(your username)\specsCode:gcc -dumpspecs > specs
6. Open the specs file with a text editor. And follow the directions on http://www.mingw.org/wiki/SpecsFileHOWTO adding -I c:/mingw/local/include and -L c:/mingw/local/lib and moving the specs file to c:/mingw/lib/gcc/mingw32/<version>/specs
Step2. Install dependent libraries
1. Goto http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html > download area and download libxml2-2.7.8.win32.zip libxmlsec-1.2.18.win32.zip libxslt-1.1.26.win32.zip xsldbg-3.1.7.win32.zip zlib-1.2.5.win32.zip
2. Open the zip archives and go down in folders until you see lib/bin/include Extract them to c:\mingw\local so that it's c:\mingw\local\bin c:\mingw\local\lib c:\mingw\local\include
3. Goto https://www.openssl.org/source/ and download openssl-1.0.1e.tar.gz to C:\mingw\local
note: Other distributions of openssl didn't have libssl and libcrypto libraries and would cause errors.
4. Open msys.bat again and type in
for MinGW (32 bit) do:Code:$ cd c:\mingw\msys\local $ tar xvzf openssl-1.0.1e.tar.gz $ cd openssl-1.0.1e
for MinGW-w64 do:Code:$ ./Configure --prefix=$PWD/dist no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5 shared mingw
You may want to changeCode:$ ./Configure --prefix=$PWD/dist no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5 shared mingw64
toCode:./Configure --prefix=$PWD/dist no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5 shared mingw
orCode:./Configure --prefix=c:/mingw/local/openssl no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5 shared mingw
note: the directory you choose to install openssl to is set so it will have to remain if you want to use openssl in future.Code:./Configure --prefix=c:/mingw/local no-idea no-mdc2 no-rc5 shared mingw
Compile & install:
5. Copy over the files from c:/mingw/local/openssl or the dist directory so that they are combined with c:\mingw\local\bin c:\mingw\local\lib c:\mingw\local\includeCode:$ make depend && make && make install
Step 3. Installing and building rtmpdump
1. Download and install http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/downloads/detail?name=Git-1.8.3-preview20130601.exe&c...r+official+git
2. Go to start menu > All Programs > Git > Git GUI > Clone Exisiting Repository
3. Source location: git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump (make sure there's no space at the end or it will fail)
Target directory: C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\(yourusername)\rtmpdump replace (yourusername) with whatever directory you have.
4. Open msys.bat again and type in cd rtmpdump
5. Type in make SYS=mingw
6. Copy librtmp-0.dll from the librtmp folder in the rtmpdump directory to the rtmpdump directory with the .exe files.(I'm not sure why it compiles with a librtmp-0.dll dependency. If anyone knows how to compile without it, i would love to hear how.)
It should now be compiled with the resulting working .exe files located in the rtmpdump folder.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1