VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello I'm using AVS video editor to convert video files for an online archive and most recently restored my newtek tricaster re installed avs. But here's the context I found that with AVS i had 2 compression profiles I could work with H.264/Advanced Video Coding and H.264/AVC (Intel) found that the first one which I would think would work would play fine on an apple device does not in the video archive. After testing it with local iPad storage found that I cannot play any video encoded with the first one BUT yet I can with older videos encoded with the second one. WHY does this matter on top of all that the videos are slower than 30 fps and that I understand apple doesn't like and the resolution I use 720x400 apple is supposed to not like either but yet before I restored tricaster the 2nd compression profile AVC(Intel) those work on iPad local and iPad via safari for the web archive. I would think that standard AVC would work when I convert these MP4's the most recent videos I have done with AVS (First compression algorithm/profile) even play on droid now and weren't before. They play on Mac QuickTime player perfectly fine. my Ipad is on 6.1.3 (Ipad 2). Could this be a bug within AVS possibly? It is very goofy that I can play on everything except apple. To recap here are the settings I use for the video Resolution 720x400 24fps 768 bitrate 128 kbps 48000< this same exact settings work for an older video using the "Intel version" on local ipad storage. I get the following error (attached on an iPad) only for the videos converted with the first profile mentioned in this post.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Post the details from both files with mediainfo, open video, view->text. And we can try check and see if we notice any differences. Might be different h264 levels/settings.

Or try other free converters like handbrake,vidcoder, etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The iPad 2 supports H.264/AVC Main Profile Level 3.1, so keep your encoding settings within those specs. E.g. don’t let your encoder use Level 3.2 or higher.
    Quote Quote