VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi people,

I have just re download a wonderful screen video capture (CamStudio).

But I want compress the video into H264. (or H265 if there are already stable final/stable release ?)

I have try x264vfw.2273kMod.x86_64 the install is successful but I don't find the codec listed inside CamStudio

My systm is Windows 7 64Bit

Thx people
    Quote Quote  
  2. if you are using a 32bit version of CamStudio, you need to install the 32bit vfw version of x264.
    (as a side note: it's normally a bad idea to capture directly into a high compression format like H.264)
    Quote Quote  
  3. I hope your computer specs are wrong -- 3.0 GHz P4.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Damn I really was think that CamStudio was in 64bit
    Thx a lot Selur, it's work better now

Jagabo, long time I didn't update my spec
    Quote Quote  
  5. Selur, you seem have right encoding directly in H.264 seem have negative effect.

the video seem a little lagged. So which codec is the best for screen capture ? (I need video & audio)
    Thx people.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Try x264vfw at the ultrafast preset with CRF=0. If you don't have a version that supports presets use the ultrafast values from this post:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/347067-VirtualDub-H-264-Encoder-Speed?p=2169830&vie...=1#post2169830

The best solution is to capture with a fast lossless codec like UT Video Codec. Perform a slow encode with x264 later.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank you very much Jagabo and for the audio any good fast codec ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Audio is usually so small compared to the video there's no reason to compress it. And most audio compressors don't work well in realtime. So I recommend you leave it uncompressed.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have try the UT video codec,

but how read it inside VLC ? (possible ?)
    Quote Quote  
  10. VLC doesn't support the UT Video Codec. Use a player that can use installed DirectShow codecs, like MPCHC. Even WMP.
    Quote Quote  
  11. thank you very much ^_^
    Quote Quote