VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've had this dilemma for the longest time - how to watch home movies recorded using my Sony HD Camcorder. I finally found a solution and wanted to share with others. So I download all the video clips into Sony PlayMemories Software (comes with the Camcorder free). I highlight all the video clips in a month and I combine them into one file using the Sony Software. I then label and organize it on a portable USB Hard Drive. I'm using an Intel I7 Chip and Samsung SSD Pro so its very fast. I create folders on the Portable USB organizing by year, and the files are labeled as "02 February 2013" and "03 March 2013". I then bought a Sony S-5100 Blu Ray player and I connected the portable hard drive to one of the USB ports and its been working perfectly.

I tried so many solutions before that including wirelessly streaming the videos, Roku players, different Blu-Ray players - this has been the best solution hands down.
    Quote Quote  
  2. The only thing I don't like about that Sony software is it always wants to index all of my videos every time I use it. On this laptop it takes up precious time doing that. If I could find a way to stop that action I would also recommend it.
    Quote Quote