VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some anime chapters in HD of 230~250MB file-size each at 720p. And I want to re-encode them to SD by reducing the resolution to 480p, but the problem is that the result video is muted.

I used MeGUI for the process, please help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't comment directly on megui since I don't use it but there must be a "copy stream" option available somewhere.

Or if its command line most likely -a copy so you copy the audio without altering it.

You can also use ripbot264 to reencode to 480p (in the picture properties setting window) and copy the audio using "copy stream" in the audio selector box.

Edit - also when you say copy to sd are you trying to make a dvd from it? If so dvd audio must either be pcm, ac3 or dts with an ac3 track. Things like mp3 and aac are not dvd compliant.

Read this for more on what is part of the dvd spec if that is what you are trying to make:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvd
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, I'm not planning to make a DVD, just save some disk space. And also there are other details that I didn't comment: I have K-Lite codec pack, It's not problem of the video since it plays perfectly on Windows Media Player, and finally, I used VirtualDubMod to extract and the audio and got a very strange result, the audio played like with overspeed, It sound like Chimpunk. So I don't understand what is the problem, I will try the software you recommended.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried the one click solution in megui? Or else I guess you have to load the audio manually.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried the one click solution in megui? Or else I guess you have to load the audio manually.
    When I use MeGUI I first create the AviSynth script with the tool that MeGUI has integrated, then I load the script, configure the profile for video and audio, and then I use the auto-encode option

PD: for the audio, just edit the script to change the audio option to true.

PD2: ripbot264 worked fine, but it has only a few options to configure the encoding parameters
    Last edited by lordscales91; 11th Aug 2013 at 12:50.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordscales91
    PD2: ripbot264 worked fine, but it has only a few options to configure the encoding parameters
    Ripbot can do whatever avisynth can. go into picture properties and select show script.

Also you can go into the different configuration screens and set basically whatever you want. It depends on which version you are using to know which screen to go into. But basically you can change anything you want in ripbot.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote