VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I recently bought Corel X6 Video Studio Ultimate and I want to learn how to use it. Other than the Help feature, which is fine if you already know what to ask, I can't find any documentation or tutorials for this. Online, Corel has video tutorials on very specific or esoteric stuff like "DSLR Stop Motion Animation with VideoStudio Pro X6" or "Multitracking Tracking Multiple Objects with VideoStudio Pro X6" but these topics are too arcane for basic stuff like what I want to do.

Suppose I have raw video I took with my camera. If I just want to make it into a video to share with my friends, editing out the boring parts and jerky, abrupt cuts, and putting a title at the beginning and overlaying it with a music track or narration, where can I find a tutorial or introduction to doing common, basic stuff like that?

No doubt I'll eventually graduate to topics like "Security Mosaics Using Motion Tracking to Protect Privacy and Identities" (whatever that means) but how does Corel expect us to get there without more introductory stuff first?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. The table of contents in the user guide implies it covers the basics as well as some more advanced stuff.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VideoStudio is a 'starter' program so I would be amazed if the User Guide dod not cover the basics.

Beyond that, I am sure you are aware of the dedicated Corel forum

http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=d059cc175294ee17cf0cd14694e3fba3

I know there are many tutorials on there. They may be written for earlier versions but the general idea is still the same.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    The table of contents in the user guide implies it covers the basics as well as some more advanced stuff.
    I didn't see a user guide - where is it? All I could find was Help and that only discusses things in the abstract - no examples or tutorials.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you bought a CD version, the guide should be a .pdf on the CD.

If you have a download version then you can download the User Guide.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    If you bought a CD version, the guide should be a .pdf on the CD.

If you have a download version then you can download the User Guide.
    I bought the CD version. It comes on 2 CD's - the main install disc and a second "bonus" disc - neither one has a .pdf file on it.

I found a .pdf user guide on their website but it appears to be the same as their Help, which is really a reference manual, not a tutorial that discusses topics in the abstract. Reference manuals are great if you already know their system and you just want to look up a particular detail, like how to adjust the contrast on just a few frames or a particular topic, like say, adding clips and you already know what a clip is in their parlance and understand how it fits into what you're trying to do, and it says,
    • Select a clip in the Library and drag it to the Video Track or Overlay Track. Multiple clips can be selected by pressing [Shift].
    • Right-click a clip in the Library and select Insert To: Video Track or Insert To: Overlay Track.
    • Select one or more video files in Windows Explorer and drag them to the Video Track or Overlay Track.
    But what I'm looking for is a tutorial or examples. Years ago I used to use Premier Elements and there were tons of tutorials and examples, both by Adobe and various volunteers on YouTube. Those things got me up to speed real fast.
    Quote Quote  
  7. There are many Coral Video Studio tutorials on youtube. Some are for older versions but those should give you the general idea on how to use that program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well I just checked their 'User Guide' and IMO that is what it is - it guides the user on how to use the program and makes no assumptions on the experience of the user.

There is also a 'Getting Started' document.

I still think that those documents were supplied on your CDs. Check your installation folders as they may already be there.

Tutorials are quite specific and the chances are even if they prepared a whole book full then it would not cover what you wanted. In fact that is one reason why Corel supports a User Community - link already provided. If what you desire is not there then atleast that is the place to ask.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could probably give YouTube a bit of a go. I found out some pretty helpful information. There're lot's of vids. Scroll through and have a gander.
    Originally Posted by plnelson View Post
    I recently bought Corel X6 Video Studio Ultimate and I want to learn how to use it. Other than the Help feature, which is fine if you already know what to ask, I can't find any documentation or tutorials for this. Online, Corel has video tutorials on very specific or esoteric stuff like "DSLR Stop Motion Animation with VideoStudio Pro X6" or "Multitracking Tracking Multiple Objects with VideoStudio Pro X6" but these topics are too arcane for basic stuff like what I want to do.

Suppose I have raw video I took with my camera. If I just want to make it into a video to share with my friends, editing out the boring parts and jerky, abrupt cuts, and putting a title at the beginning and overlaying it with a music track or narration, where can I find a tutorial or introduction to doing common, basic stuff like that?

No doubt I'll eventually graduate to topics like "Security Mosaics Using Motion Tracking to Protect Privacy and Identities" (whatever that means) but how does Corel expect us to get there without more introductory stuff first?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote