VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I have a Panasonic Dvd recorder DMR-EZ48V which has stopped working.
    I recorded a show Friday night and Saturday morning the screen was flashing 'please wait' continuously. (that only flashes when It is turning off).
    I tried to turn the recorder off on the power switch, but it won't turn off. I pushed the tray in, which it went in under protest, and then it slowly came back out. There is a faint clicking noise as though it is trying to pull the tray back in.
    The only way to turn it off is at the power point. The dvd recorder is now off with the tray out.
    I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if I can actually fix it myself.
    thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi. I have a Panasonic Dvd recorder DMR-EZ48V which has stopped working.
    I recorded a show Friday night and Saturday morning the screen was flashing 'please wait' continuously. (that only flashes when It is turning off).
    I tried to turn the recorder off on the power switch, but it won't turn off. I pushed the tray in, which it went in under protest, and then it slowly came back out. There is a faint clicking noise as though it is trying to pull the tray back in.
    The only way to turn it off is at the power point. The dvd recorder is now off with the tray out.
    I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if I can actually fix it myself.
    thank you.
    You should use test mode and it will tell you wich component has the problem ( and it can be disabled afterword so it will allow you to power on and work ( without the problematic part of course )
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi. I can't turn it on at all or turn it off for that matter. I have had to take it to get repaired and they said it was the mechanism that has failed.
    Thanks for your help anyway.
    Quote Quote