VideoHelp Forum
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 69
FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69
Results 2,041 to 2,051 of 2051
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    You should abandon x26*vfw, and you should abandon the belief that the AVI container is suitable to contain AVC or HEVC video.

If you insist in using VirtualDub as converter application, use it with its "external encoder" feature, this will support any x265.exe to create raw HEVC video, and a multiplexer like MP4Box, L-SMASH, or mkvmerge.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Ligh,

so if I choose to abandon x26*vfw what road do you recommend me travel down? I am not the smartest person when it comes to encoding, but i am a little familiar with the apps and lingo. I know this is opening padora's box, but I am up to getting up to speed on a newer method as I have encoded over 8TBs of movies
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    There are a lot of converting tools. Some are based on ffmpeg, others are based on AviSynth. You can find threads about StaxRip, MeGUI, Hybrid, Handbrake, VidCoder, etc. - But this thread is about MinGW builds of x265, not about tools using them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    x265 2.2+22-20217c8af8ac

Scalinglists support for 4:4:4 videos + fixes for ssim-rd and others
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm not noticing any quality increases since like 1.8. The speed has gotten slower for what exactly? Picture is the same.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    This is not the best matching thread for this kind of question. Try the general one or make a new one. And document your parameters in detail.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    x265 2.2+30-fa52b516f5ff

Code:
       --complex-analysis <0..4.0>   Strength of complex analysis, 0 to disable. Default 0.0
    Increases the RD-level at points where the bitrate drops due to vbv. The number of CUs for which the RD is reconfigured is determined based on the strength. Strength 1 gives the best FPS, strength 4 gives the best SSIM. Strength 0 switches this feature off. Default: 0.

Effective for RD levels 4 and below.
    A developers' functionality test runs with strength 1.53, FYI.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by LigH.de; 31st Jan 2017 at 05:45. Reason: v2.2+29 revoked in favor of v2.2+30
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    x265 2.2+36-9b975fec584a

--complex-analysis is now --dynamic-rd, and you can now manually control HDR SEI packets

Exchanged v2.2+35 with v2.2+36, it's a "merge with stable"
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by LigH.de; 10th Feb 2017 at 17:54.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    New milestone (stable merge build): x265 v2.3

x265 2.3+2-912dd749bdb5 (mostly identical to v2.2+36)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    x265 2.3+7-c15f8bce9f4b [Windows][GCC 6.3.0][32+64 bit] 8bit+10bit+12bit

Luma/Chroma(fixed) offsets for HDR/WCG content, and some more Unicode support for filenames in Windows builds. New CLI parameters:

Code:
       --capture-csp <string>        Specify color primaries from bt709, p3d65, bt2020 for the capture device. Default bt709
       --[no-]hdr-opt                Add luma and chroma offsets for HDR/WCG content. Default disabled
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    please delete, this has been posted twice for some reason
    Quote Quote