VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, just new to the forum, and hoping someone can help.

I've been using Corel Video Studio for a few years and would say I'm pretty clued up now as to how it works, but I was disappointed at the lack of new transitions that the newer versions come with - ie very few, if any, additions to previous versions.

I looked around the various other products out there, downloaded free trials and gave them a whirl to see which I liked - Pinnacle Studio 16 is currently the one I'm preferring.

However I'm struggling to work out what should be a really simple task - how to resize an overlay track (Picture in Picture).

With Corel, and the other software I've trialled, when you drop an overlay track (ie photo or video) onto the timeline, you can simply click the overlaid picture and then (a) resize it using the size handles in the corners then (b) drag it to the desired position on the screen.

With Pinnacle Studio 16, I can't find anywhere to let me do this. When I drop a video or image into the timeline as an overlay, it just covers the video entirely. The only options I can find are to 'fit' (which fits the image by height to the full size screen) or 'stretch' (which stretches horizontally and vertically to cover). There are a few options for 'trim' but all they do is crop the image down, not actually resize or move it.

Sorry to ask such a stupidly simple question, but I've done a few google searches already and can't find the answer - and despite having sat through hours of tutorial videos on youtube, it seems to be something that isn't mentioned anywhere!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    ahh - sorted - many thanks for that, much appreciated.
    Quote Quote