VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a music video with a hard, abrupt ending that I'm trying to edit into more of a soft, natural ending. I know Windows Movie Maker does this, but it's absolutely destroying the video quality in the process, even at the highest video settings. The video goes in without any artifacts, but comes out looking like a low-quality download from YouTube.

Can anyone name a piece of free video editing or encoding software that's easy to use and capable of fading in/out the audio without a loss to video quality? If it can also fade in/out the video that would be great too.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope.

But you could also demux the audio with a demultiplexer like pazera free audio extractor. Add audio fade/in out with audacity, goldwave, etc. Add back to the video with a multiplexer like mymp4boxgui, mkvtoolnix. No video quality loss but more work then...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. I'll look into some of those programs.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You can even just drag the entire VOB/Mpeg into a program like Goldwave, do a fade out, SAVE AS lpcm audio(my personal favorite) and remux it back together with AviDemux(that way you can actually preview what is going on). With the correct settings you can keep it (the audio)as LPCM or re-compress and mpeg2 audio or even AC3. Remember the audio needs to be 48k(not 44.1).
    Quote Quote