VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi

I want to have thumbnails in XnViewMP x64 for mkv-files. Since I've reinstalled Win7 x64 it does not work anymore (I forgot what I did in the last install to get it working) and I don't know what I am doing wrong.

I've only installed Haali Media Splitter and ffdshow x32 and x64 yet. The thumbnails-feature in Haali is activated, but I don't get thumbnails in the Explorer (I don't need them as I use another file manager, but possible that's a hint what's going wrong?).

I found a lot of threads about this topic (generally, not for XnViewMP) but mostly all with the solution to install codec packs, but I don't want to. Hope you can help me...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It probably is a Windows setting that needs to be changed. Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, click on View, and look under Files and Folders to see if "Always show icons, never thumbnails" is check marked. If it is, uncheck mark it and click on Apply.
    "Zed's dead, baby."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    It's already checked, thanks.

But I found a solution, with the shell ex tool 'Icaros' it's working now. For sure it does things which would be possible with edits in the registry, but at least it's working now without a codec pack.
    Quote Quote