VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all, my brother just graduated from University and the ceremony has just been. The University have kindly uploaded a pre recorded stream of the ceremony and wanted to record it for memorable reasons. Iv'e been recommended camstudio to do the job but cant seem to get the settings correct as the recorded playback i did the video is judder and their is no audio even though i selected audio from speakers in the options tab. Based on my pc spec below what setting would you recommend i use to record a smooth video but also at the best video quality too? As the streamed video is an .mp4 file:

Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 3610QM @ 2.30GHz turboboost to 2.9GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM
    16.00 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Graphics
    Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 4000
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. There are many tools that may allow you to download the mp4 file. That is far preferable to screen capture.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What tools would you recommend? I have tried the likes of replay av, internet download manager and they only support the major websites like dailymtion, youtube and netflix. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    FYI, Camstudio does have a serious bug against various audio drivers. This problem is OLD, and apparently will never be fixed.

Originally Posted by morgiee View Post
    What tools would you recommend? I have tried the likes of replay av, internet download manager and they only support the major websites like dailymtion, youtube and netflix. Thanks
    Telling us the URL to the page that contains that video would be a good starting point
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh sorry here is the url:

https://stream.liv.ac.uk/f4dxnt5w

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by morgiee View Post
    Oh sorry here is the url:

https://stream.liv.ac.uk/f4dxnt5w

Thanks
    use RTMPDump

SD
    Code:
    rtmpdump -r "rtmp://stream.liv.ac.uk:1935/vod" -a "vod" -f "WIN 11,8,800,94" -W "https://stream.liv.ac.uk/jwplayer/player.swf" -p "https://stream.liv.ac.uk/s/f4dxnt5w" --live -y "mp4:f4dxnt5w_SD.mp4" -o "f4dxnt5w_SD.flv"
    HD
    Code:
    rtmpdump -r "rtmp://stream.liv.ac.uk:1935/vod" -a "vod" -f "WIN 11,8,800,94" -W "https://stream.liv.ac.uk/jwplayer/player.swf" -p "https://stream.liv.ac.uk/s/f4dxnt5w" --live -y "mp4:f4dxnt5w_HD.mp4" -o "f4dxnt5w_HD.flv"
    Last edited by CristianoA; 23rd Jul 2013 at 12:27.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh thanks for this, im guessing going by the coding you have to run this through command prompt, but i have no idea what i need to do with what you have given me, i would like the HD option. Please could you instruct me what to do?

Thanks alot
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It was explained in the reply. You need the program RTMPDump
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok and the process the software is doing are you logging into their server to take it? if so wouldn't you be tracked doing it?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you view ANYTHING on the net you log in to a server
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BTW You can also use conventional software such as HiDownload to automatically record this video as it plays. Just tested it myself.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so either i use the software or not im logged into their server so it would just look like im viewing the video? and ok ill look into that software

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  13. Download the attached ZIP file. Extract the two files (rtmpdump.exe and getrtmp.bat) to your desktop. Double click on getrtmp.bat. A window will open as the file is downloaded to your desktop. That will get you the HD version. if you want the SD version instead, edit the BAT file with Notepad and replace the command line with the SD command line CristianoA provided. Save the BAT file and double click on it.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by morgiee View Post
    ok so either i use the software or not im logged into their server so it would just look like im viewing the video? and ok ill look into that software

Thanks
    Maybe. Some of these recording programs use two connections - 1 to view the video and another to record it.

You seem rather paranoid about being logged in and, possibly, caught out recording this. The server admin will see who is logged in and that could mean fook all - it will tell them the IP from where you recorded it.

If they want more info they will have to ask the ISP and they would hardly give it without some sort of court order.

Of couse, if you are recording it from a Uni workstation where you have to log in with some form of password then that is a whole different ball game.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    You seem rather paranoid about being logged in and, possibly, caught out recording this. The server admin will see who is logged in and that could mean fook all - it will tell them the IP from where you recorded it.
    Since you are using the same RTMP protocol that's used to view the videos online -- there's no way for them to know whether you're downloading the video or just watching it.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't seem worth the risk. And no its not from a uni workstation its just me viewing the website.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is no real risk. If the url was not public, and this looks like a public page, it could be a different matter. This is hardly espionage or looking at Governemnt servers for proof of the existance of little green men.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by morgiee View Post
    Doesn't seem worth the risk.
    There's no risk at all. They can't tell if your downloading the video or just watching it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok thanks for all your help guys
    Quote Quote  
  20. if you want i can download and upload this video for you
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for that but its ok we are just going to view it, as they may be making a video collection soon. But thanks for all your help
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by morgiee View Post
    Thanks for that but its ok we are just going to view it, as they may be making a video collection soon. But thanks for all your help
    check pm
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    This is the direct link of the video
    rtmp://stream.liv.ac.uk/vod/mp4:f4dxnt5w_SD.mp4

use a download manager : eg: idman
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All sorted now man but thanks
    Quote Quote