VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I tried with RealPlayer Free, the video comes up as some unreadable file. It doesn't show up in VideoCache view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Kvc2TxwKc
    Last edited by brassplyer; 12th Jul 2013 at 00:48.
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    It doesn't show up in VideoCache view.
    Answer is here:

Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Just for the notes --- the videos by VEVO are NOT being cached in the same way as before

( not with Opera 11.64 at least --- the cached files are being split into many parts ).

"Ordinary" YouTube videos do not have this problem

( so far, at least ).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It doesn't show up in VideoCache view.
    Answer is here:

Just for the notes --- the videos by VEVO are NOT being cached in the same way as before

( not with Opera 11.64 at least --- the cached files are being split into many parts ).

"Ordinary" YouTube videos do not have this problem

( so far, at least ).
    It isn't a Vevo video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It downloads fine as MP42 with AVC/AAC codecs with Replay Media Catcher and the Real Player Downloader that comes with Real Player Free,

If you are using IE10, Videocacheview may not work as noted on various places on the internet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    It downloads fine as MP42 with AVC/AAC codecs with Replay Media Catcher and the Real Player Downloader that comes with Real Player Free,

If you are using IE10, Videocacheview may not work as noted on various places on the internet.
    For some reason Real Player Free isn't working for me with FireFox 22. I have IE8 since that's what works with XP, Realplayer download works with IE8 but the resulting file isn't readable. MediaInfo instead of specifying MPEG-4 says "dash" with a file size of 182 megs and no audio. Won't play.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

I said Gold, I meant RealPlayer free. For some reason Real Player Free isn't working for me with FireFox 22. I have IE8 since that's what works with XP, Realplayer download works with IE8 but the resulting file isn't readable. MediaInfo instead of specifying MPEG-4 says "dash" with a file size of 182 megs and no audio. Won't play.
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    It isn't a Vevo video.
    And I didn't say Youtube created the problem only for the VEVO videos.

BTW, things are much worse than I thought:

It has been reported in April 2013 by ********* that both UMG and Youtube have a mutual agreement that prevents contents blocked on Youtube by UMG request from being reinstated even if the claimant files a DMCA counter-notice.

In other words, even if no copyright has been infringed this contract offers no recourse for the users beyond challenging Youtube's decision in court.
    Code:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Music_Group#YouTube
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Be aware, I use Real Downloader quite a bit and it has a bug in it where, if you do not start the download at or near the beginning of the video playing, it will indeed garble it. Don't know why but I usually look for the thumbnail when its done to be sure. I have had several I just had to retry when I don't start right away when viewing.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Free Youtube Download (part of FreeStudio) download it just fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Be aware, I use Real Downloader quite a bit and it has a bug in it where, if you do not start the download at or near the beginning of the video playing, it will indeed garble it. Don't know why but I usually look for the thumbnail when its done to be sure. I have had several I just had to retry when I don't start right away when viewing.
    I dragged it back to the beginning after picking 1080p. I'll give it another shot.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Might want to hit refresh on the browser to be sure. Then when it plays click download.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    UMG and Youtube have a mutual agreement that prevents contents blocked on Youtube by UMG request from being reinstated even if the claimant files a DMCA counter-notice.
    Wondering under what circumstances anyone would file a takedown notice if you didn't violate their copyright?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Might want to hit refresh on the browser to be sure. Then when it plays click download.
    Thing is you have to select 1080p, it doesn't reselect 1080p when you reload.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, multiple attempts with RealPlayer, keep getting a "Dash" video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Free Youtube Download (part of FreeStudio) download it just fine.
    Did it download the 720p version or the 1080p version? I can only get it to recognize the 720p version.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    UMG and Youtube have a mutual agreement that prevents contents blocked on Youtube by UMG request from being reinstated even if the claimant files a DMCA counter-notice.
    Wondering under what circumstances anyone would file a takedown notice if you didn't violate their copyright?
    It isn't speaking of takedown notices, but videos being blocked. Those are two slightly different things. One of the differences is that blocks can be worldwide or in specific parts of the world. For example, UMG has blocked several videos of mine in Germany alone.

But I can also give you an example from personal experience where some company might block a video to which they didn't own the copyright. I upload a public domain movie. Sony in India blocks it worldwide because they had used a clip from that same film in a copyrighted TV show. My movie comes up in the YouTube Content ID system as violating their copyright on the TV show resulting in the block. I dispute it because (of course) using something in the public domain in a copyrighted TV show doesn't make the public domain segment theirs. About three weeks later the idiot company withdraws its block and my channel goes back to its former good standing.

And I've uploaded quite a number of public domain movies and songs which some greedy and corrupt company (often more than one for the same movie) tries to claim as their own so they can have ads placed on them and make some easy money.
    Last edited by manono; 12th Jul 2013 at 04:19.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Flashgot (firefox extension) download video from youtube mentioned in the first post and you still choose the resolution

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fh3pBWU.png
Views:	360
Size:	548.5 KB
ID:	18832

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    It happens all the time. The studios use automated methods to file takedown notices. If the title or description of what you uploaded matches keywords in their lists they request the video be taken down. They don't care if your video doesn't contain material under their copyright. Neither they nor Youtube even looks at the video or audio. There are no negative consequence for them.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Related to manono's post, one of my friends canceled his You Tube account because he made a short animated video using Blender and put a free to use Creative Commons performance of a Tchaikovsky song as the soundtrack. You Tube is in cahoots with some company that licenses music on videos. Keep in mind that everything Tchaikovsky wrote is in the public domain for publishing in the USA. The specific performance he used is free for anyone to use. He got a nasty notice that he was violating copyright but if he wanted to pay a fee of something like $5, that company would unblock his video on You Tube. He said something unprintable and closed his account with You Tube. So it's just another illustration of how people can use the DMCA as a money making tool. In fact, as best I can find out, nobody knows of any successful counterclaims for false takedowns that have ever resulted in a financial penalty to the people making the false claims.

brassplayer - You need to STOP right now trying to do this with Real Player or there's no point in anybody wasting their time trying to help you. If you insist on bashing your skull against a wall by using Real Player then we're all done here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I D/L the video from the provided link with no problems using DownLoad Helper (FF extension) on FF version-22. I downloaded the 1080p version, but it allows all available sizes.........
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  21. Freemake videodownloader also works for it...
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    YTD (Youtube downloader) downloads it just fine and 1080p resolution.

A_L
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It happens all the time. The studios use automated methods to file takedown notices. If the title or description of what you uploaded matches keywords in their lists they request the video be taken down. They don't care if your video doesn't contain material under their copyright. Neither they nor Youtube even looks at the video or audio. There are no negative consequence for them.
    I was under the understanding that there can in fact be legal consequences for filing an improper DMCA takedown notice. I know of one instance where a guy read an apology online under advice of counsel because he had filed improper takedown notices against another YouTuber with whom he'd had conflict.

VenomFangx apology over improper DMCA takedown notice
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x View Post
    I D/L the video from the provided link with no problems using DownLoad Helper (FF extension) on FF version-22. I downloaded the 1080p version, but it allows all available sizes.........
    Yup, works good. My previous experiences with it was that RealPlayer worked better.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by brassplyer View Post
    I was under the understanding that there can in fact be legal consequences for filing an improper DMCA takedown notice.
    Yes. But it's never been enforced.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Very simple to download ... install Firefox ... and install the video downloader ... the one with the 3 little balls that revolve around ... and you will get it ... I just now did ... and I got the 1080 mp4 version ..
    Quote Quote  
  27. Here is another (non VEVO) one which can't be downloaded with the downloaders I've tried:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfE5Zsw7QrI

EDIT:
    Latest version of Wise Video Downloader, v1.41 as of today, can download it.
    Last edited by Brazil; 13th Jul 2013 at 10:37.
    Quote Quote