VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys.
    As the topic stated, I've tried and tried to render the stickman video I've created. But I've come to a dead end when it comes to rendering without getting any lag.

https://forum.videohelp.com/attachments/18411-1371553260/Test.zip
    [Changed link, thanks to Baldrick]

In this link, if you'll download it u'll get test_1 vid which is the stickman vid I've made, and test_2 vid which is the vid I got after I rendered the test_1 vid, by referring to many hd tutorials on youtube.

Sadly, none of them works. As u can see in the test_2 vid, it still have some "ghost effect", you can see multiple hands or legs when he is walking.

Can anybody help me with this, give me some advice maybe on the rendering settings so that I can render it without the "ghost effect"?

Your help is much appreciated. Tq.
    Last edited by hollowman_96; 18th Jun 2013 at 08:05.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt anyone will register just to download your test file or use the 4shared download helper with toolbars/adware crap.

Upload it in your post or try www.mediafire.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Oh, sorry bro.
    I'm new here.
    Here's the file.
    Please help me here.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Good news and bad news. On a frame by frame basis there is no problem with either of these files. The problem is elsewhere.

2 possibilities - your player is blending frames as you watch or your screen has a slow refresh rate.

Edit: possibility 3 -- you aren't trying to render a 25fps animation as 60 are you?
    Last edited by smrpix; 18th Jun 2013 at 08:28.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I used KMPlayer & Media Player Classic to watch these 2 clips. Originally, the video is in mp4, and in 60 fps. It runs smoothly.
    But, Vegas couldn't accept the file. So I converted it to WMV using Xilisoft. (the test_1 video)

It turns out the fps changed to 25, but still the video didn't experience any lag or ghosting effect.

However when I want to edit it using Vegas, I try to render that single video first before doing further editing. And the test_2 video is what I've got.

Yes I have tried to render the test_1 video to 60 fps, but I've also tried to render it to 25 fps. And both resulted in ghosting effect.

Have you tried to render the test_1 video Mr. Smrpix? Did you get the same result?

Anyway, thnx for the reply.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hollowman_96 View Post
    Have you tried to render the test_1 video
    If you render 25 frames into 60 you will either get blended frames or duplicates. As I said (or at least implied), I see no ghosting or blending in your Test_2 video.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hmm.. Actually I don't know what my test_2 vid is experiencing, I just named it ghost effect because that's what I see.

But have you compare these 2 videos Mr Smrpix? Have you notice any difference in those two videos?

If those 2 has exactly no difference, then maybe the problem is with my player.

What player do you use Mr Smrpix?

Btw, thnx again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I see three differences:

1) one is wmv and the other is mp4 (which is basically irrelevant)

2) Media info reports the frame rate of Test 1 as 60 with a nominal frame rate of 25. There are actually 25 discreet frames per second.Test 2 is simply listed as 25.

3) Test 1 does seem to play a bit more smoothly in both Windows Media Player and MPC-HC (To answer your other question) -- but nowhere am I seeing multiple arms and legs.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yeah, that's it! The smoothness. If I play the test_2 video, frame by frame, I didn't see multiple arms and legs though. It's just that, it's not as smooth as test_1 video.

Do you know how to render the test_1 video without losing it's smoothness? Maybe with some settings or even using software other than Vegas? Is so, please share how to do so with me.

Thank you, again.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Regardless of what MediaInfo says about the files: test 1 is 60 fps -- with 60 different frames per second. test 2 has been decimated to 25 fps. It has no blended frames or blurred frames. What you are seeing in test 2 is the inherent jerkiness and flicker of 25 fps. See the 24v30v60 video in this post:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/307004-Best-framerate-conversion-%28eg-23-97-to-30-...=1#post1888926

25p will look very similar to 24p on a 60 Hz monitor.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thanks Mr Jagabo. Now I see. So, is there a way for me to render the test_1 video while maintaing its smoothness (60 fps)?

I've tried the 60 fps render settings, it doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by hollowman_96 View Post
    I converted it to WMV using Xilisoft. (the test_1 video)... It turns out the fps changed to 25
    Originally Posted by hollowman_96 View Post
    is there a way for me to render the test_1 video while maintaing its smoothness (60 fps)?
    It sounds like the change from 60 fps to 25 fps was Xilisoft's problem. Look to see if it has the ability to keep the original 60 fps. Or look for some other way of getting the 60 fps video into Vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by hollowman_96 View Post

I've tried the 60 fps render settings, it doesn't work.

In addition, the profile is main@L3.2 which is limited to 1280x720p60 .

But your resolution is 1200x900 at 60p.

You have to set the profile to high@L4.2 (not sure if vegas can do this for AVC, I forget if Mainconcept or Sony AVC has this option or not) , or reduce the resolution (spatial or temporal)

So even if Xilisoft didn't screw it up, the profile is limiting you .

Originally, the video is in mp4, and in 60 fps. It runs smoothly.
    What software did you originally render this in ? If you already have it at 60fps , why do you want to re-render it ??

ie. Why are you using vegas at all ?

Do you know how to render the test_1 video without losing it's smoothness?
    e.g. ripbot, handbrake, megui, many others.... all free
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 18th Jun 2013 at 10:50.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Or look for some other way of getting the 60 fps video into Vegas.
    That's the way that I've been looking. I've tried many settings in the Vegas, but none worked out. If you found out a way to do it, please let me know.

If you already have it at 60fps , why do you want to re-render it ??
    I want to add some sounds, and more animation which the previous software can't do (Stickman & Elemento).

In addition, the profile is main@L3.2 which is limited to 1280x720p60 .
    Can you pinpoint me how to set up the profile? Here's a screenshot of the option availabe.

Thanks guys for replying.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Here.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	18413  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    - your player is blending frames as you watch or your screen has a slow refresh rate.
    Yes, when I played the wmv file, while looping, sometimes it judders, sometimes not. (VLC Player)

When reducing fps, you should do so in "multiples", or "divisible by two". Example: 60/30/15. And you can't have your cake and eat it too. Undersampling only works in very specific circumstances, and it's mostly for fX, not for conforming widely disparate frame rates.

Muchas Gracias Amigos (Los Cucaraches Es Grande Esta Mi Casa)
    Last edited by budwzr; 18th Jun 2013 at 14:38.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Vegas allows 60p export, it sets level 4.2 automatically if it is 60p.

You have to find template where you can change fps to 60, like "Internet HD" first you have to change profile to High, and then type 60 or 59.94 in there for fps, whatever you have . That goes for MainConcept avc. You cannot choose Blu-Ray obviously, because Blu-Ray does not allow full HD 60p.

As for Sony avc export, you try some Memory stick export and customize it, first you have to change video format to "avc", change "frame size", profile to high, frame rate to 60p or 59.94 whatever you have. Again, you cannot choose avchd for example and try to modify it because there is no avc option there.
    Last edited by _Al_; 18th Jun 2013 at 14:39.
    Quote Quote  
  17. At last! It worked!!! It seems the main problem is the wmv video. Yeah, it does runs smooth as 60 fps, but when it is checked in the media properties, it still stated that it has 25 fps.

So, I've tried to change it to other format, some of them changed their fps to 25 eventhough I set it to be 60, and some of the did maintain its 60 fps, but they are not acceptable in Vegas.

But at last, the mp4 avc format in xilisoft did the job. After the conversion, it still maintain its 60 fps, and Vegas can open the file too.

And after I customize the template, with the recommendation from you guys, the rendered video runs smoothly!! With the 60 fps!!

Thank you so much for the help guys!! Really appreciate it!
    Quote Quote  
  18. See if the attached file works properly in Vegas. It's simply a remux (using VirtualDub) of the WMV3 video into an AVI container, marked as 60 fps.

Also, I don't remember what features AsfTools has, but it might be able to mark the WMV file as 60 fps.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote